Release Date: 1/30/2014
Optional Encryption Enhancement
- On (Auto): Functions the same as all previous versions of ULX-D where there is a new key generated on each sync.
On (Manual): New function to support multiple transmitters; useful for situations such as a combo system that needs to be encrypted and have two transmitters ready to use with one receiver.
- On (Manual): Issues the same key on every sync so you can easily have multiple transmitters (handheld and/or bodypack) synced and ready to use with one receiver.
- Regenerate Keys: This allows the user of manual mode to ask the receiver to create a new 256 bit encryption key. Note that it is required to sync transmitters to ge the new key.
- TV Display format is restored as a part of system reset to factory default, and can be saved/recalled as a preset.
- Group Scan now auto-deploys all custom groups to units within the same frequency band along with the frequency information previously shared
- Completed all Third-Party Control reporting for all features that can be reported via that < GET x ALL > command.
- Dante network configurations changes become functional right away via an auto system reboot.
- After updating the ULXD4 Single Receiver the user is required to reset the unit to Default Settings (DEVICE UTILITIES/SYSTEM RESET/RESTORE/DEFAULT SETTINGS).
For operation of ULX-D devices with other Shure networked systems, see the following list of minimum firmware versions that are supported with ULX-D version 1.4.14:
- ULXD1/2 ULXD Transmitters 1.4.14
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q ULX-D Receivers 1.4.14
- UHF-R Receivers: 1.168
- PSM1000 Transmitters: 1.3.9
- AXT400 Axient Receiver 1.14.6
- Wireless Workbench 6 Beta version 6.9.0
Release Date: 12/9/2013
Support of Multiple Simultaneous Third Party Controllers
- ULX-D now supports for multiple (up to 5) simultaneous of Third Party controllers such as AMX and Crestron. This allows programmers to issue independent commands from any Third Party controller on the network and each other Third Party controller on the network will be provided the response from ULX-D
TV Channel Format is User Selectable
- The TV channel reported on ULX-D can be adjusted depending upon regional needs so a particular frequency will display as the appropriate TV channel.
Custom Group Deploy
- ULX-D recievers automatically deploy all Custom Groups to recievers within the same frequency band when the user accepts the results of the group scan.
Additional Third Party Control Strings
The following strings enable quicker changeovers via networked control instead of manual adjustment on each reciever:
- High Density: ON/OFF
- Encryption: ON/OFF
- Frequency Diversity: OFF, 1+2, 3+4, 1+2/3+4
- Audio Summing: OFF, 1+2, 3+4, 1+2/3+4, 1+2+3+4
- The following strings enable quicker changeovers via networked control instead of manual adjustment on each reciever:
Frequency Diversity Enhancement
- ULX-D prioritizes the results of a scan such that the two frequencies of a frequncy diversity system are more likely to be spread further appart instead of right next to each other. Note that this is RF environment dependant.
- After updating the ULXD4Q Quad Receiver the user is required to reset the unit to Default Settings (DEVICE UTILITIES/SYSTEM RESET/RESTORE/DEFAULT SETTINGS).
For operation of ULX-D devices with other Shure networked systems, see the following list of minimum firmware versions that are supported with ULX-D version 1.4.8:
- ULXD1/2 ULXD Transmitters 1.4.8
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q ULX-D Receivers 1.4.8
- UHF-R Receivers: 1.168
- PSM1000 Transmitters: 1.3.9
- AXT400 Axient Receiver 1.13.5
- Wireless Workbench 6 Beta version 6.8.1
Release Date: 7/3/2013
Addition of Dante Device ID modes
- ID Mode: Sequential - Quick sequential numbering of ULX-D receivers to take advantage of quick device set-up and labeling for Dante digital audio network.
- ID Mode: Yamaha - specific labeling of ULX-D receiver's Dante Device ID for discovery as "online devices" by Yamaha CL Series consoles with firmware version 1.60 or later.
- Previously, receiver channels could be muted from Wireless Workbench amd not on device. Mute on/off capability has been added to the device within the AUDIO menu. Receiver mute for a channel can also be disengaged via a two-button combination push of the up/down gain arrows of that channel.
- When "Rx Mute" has been engaged, the ability to adjust system gain is disabled. Receiver channels must be unmuted in order to adjust system gain.
- Muting of a receiver channel is non-persistent (i.e. all channels with "Rx Mute" engaged will no longer be muted after the device is power-cycled).
Device Gateway Address
- ULX-D receiver's gateway address can now be set to allow for cross-subnet control and monitoring of the receiver with 3rd party control surfaces.
- NOTE: Wireless Workbench does not function across different subnets. This feature is for 3rd party control surfaces only.
Hardware Identification in Wireless Workbench
- Enables the user to trigger a flashing sequence from the physical device to locate the Wireless Workbench representation of that device in the software.
- Added support for the X51 frequency band for use in Korea
- Minor UI text changes for consistency across wireless lines and in Wireless Workbench.
To ensure proper functionality of the device, users must perform a factory reset of ULX-D receivers if any of the following scenarios describe the receiver:
- The receiver will be updated from 1.0.7 to 1.2.14
- The receiver will be updated from 1.0.7 to 1.3.6
- The receiver will be updated from 1.0.7 to 1.2.14 to 1.3.6 - ONLY if no factory reset was performed after updating to 1.2.14
For operation of ULX-D devices with other Shure networked systems, see the following list of minimum firmware versions that are supported with ULX-D version 1.3.6:
- ULXD1/2 ULXD Transmitters 1.3.6
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q ULX-D Receivers 1.3.6
- AXT400 Axient Receiver 1.10.2
- Wireless Workbench 6 Beta version 6.6.1
Release Date: 7/9/2012
- AMX/Crestron control (full documentation here)
- High Density mode (notes on Frequency Coordination for ULX-D High Density channels)
- Dual and Quad receiver compatibility
- Extended control of several parameters within Wireless Workbench, including Frequency Diversity Bodypack Source Indication (for ULX-D Dual and Quad receivers only)
- Various system and component bug fixes and improvements
For operation of ULX-D devices with other Shure networked systems, see the following list of minimum firmware versions that are supported with ULX-D version 1.2.14:
- ULXD1/2 ULXD Transmitters 1.2.14
- ULXD4, ULXD4D, ULXD4Q ULX-D Receivers 1.2.14
- Wireless Workbench 6 Beta version 6.4.0