UPDATE: February 1, 2019: A new version of Designer 3.1 (22.214.171.1240) was released with a minor bug fix. Users running Designer 126.96.36.1997 are encouraged to update to the newer version. (Find the version number of your Designer installation at the bottom of the Settings screen.)
Release Date: 1/15/2019
When upgrading from Designer 3.0 to Designer 3.1, the installer may prompt that the destination folder C:\Program Files\Shure\Shure Designer is not empty. To fix this issue:
- After seeing the prompt in the installer, go to C:\Program Files\Shure\Shure\Shure Designer in your file explorer and delete the existing Shure Designer folder
- Continue the installer for Designer 3.1
- Support for both virtual and discovered devices
- Support for new products:
- Routing for supported devices
- Reusable location templates
- Location security settings
- Bug fixes
- When using Windows 7, no more than five windows can be open simultaneously.
- Templates that were created from a location will be empty when the project is exported and then imported. This does not affect locations that weren’t copied to templates.
- With more than 20 devices in location or 60 on the network, some actions will take longer due to increased network traffic.
- When pushing to devices, the status may incorrectly show that the push failed. If the Sync Status changes from ‘Not Synced’ to ‘Synced’, then the push was successful.
- When deleting a virtual device, Designer will warn that encryption and password settings will be changed; however, the discovered devices’ encryption and password settings will not be affected.
- When working with virtual devices and presets, channel names do not revert to default values when “Restore Default Settings” is clicked, and location may take time to respond.
- When loading a preset on a virtual P300 device, saved Off Attenuation and EQ Contour values will be overwritten by Mic Optimization mode defaults.
- Event log may incorrectly say “Push failed” for “Push to Dante” events, though the description will say that the event was successful. In these cases, the event was successful.
- In Coverage Map, changing the unit of measurement will not be saved for the location; the unit of measurement will default to feet when the location is reopened.
- When importing a Designer preset file into the MXA910 web application, attempts to immediately export that file out of the web application will fail if it's not first loaded and saved to the MXA910.
- Internet access is required during the installation process.
- Designer User Guide
- System Requirements
Designer 3.1 is compatible with the following firmware versions:
- MXA310 version 3.1.5
- MXA910 version 3.1.5
- P300 version 3.1.5
- ANIUSB-MATRIX version 3.1.5
- Requires 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
UPDATE: June 20, 2018: Designer 3.0 is compatible with MXA910 version 3.0.24
Release Date: 8/11/2017
- When importing a Designer preset file into the MXA910 web application, attempts to immediately export that file out of the web application will fail if it's not first loaded and saved to the MXA910
- When importing a Designer preset file into the MXA910 web application using MXA910 release 2.0.8 and earlier, attempts to use the low shelf filter after rebooting the device will fail if the preset file was not saved to one of the preset slots