Plug-on Wireless Microphone Transmitter
The UR3 is a premium transmitter that combines the best of Shure UHF-R® wireless features with the superior flexibility of XLR connectivity and comprehensive function control.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
FCC Consumer Alert (U.S.)
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change.
For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- System Type
- Model Line
Video / Broadcast / ENG
- Broadcast & Media Production Brochure (PDF)
- UHF-R Brochure (PDF)
- UR3 Plug-on Transmitter (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for UHF-R
- All Broadcast Products
Smart, ergonomic, industrial design
- Designed to be comfortably gripped
- Discreetly located audio level and power indicator LEDs
- Backlit LCD display
- RF mute control
- Transmitter interface lock
- Die-cast metal construction
- Compatible with any wired XLR microphone
Infrared automatic frequency sync
- Open frequencies are selected and synced directly to the UR3 from the associated receiver
Microphone preset list
- Program microphone ID lists to tailor settings (e.g. gain / phantom power / high-pass filter) per microphone for quick recall
- Program and store up to 10 microphone ID lists
- Copy and paste lists between individual UR3s
Selectable MIC / MIC with Pad / LINE input
- Uniquely capable of handling full +24 dBv
- Mic with pad option adds additional 17 dB of attenuation
Sweepable high-pass filter
- 40 Hz–240 Hz
Convenient power options
- Allows use with both dynamic and condenser microphones
Axient® Wireless Compatibility
- Compatible with Axient receivers (RF & IR features only)
- Frequency Range
- 470–952 MHz (depending on region)
- Battery Life
- 10 Hours (alkaline) with no phantom power @ 10 mW, typical (frequency band dependent), 4 Hours (alkaline), with 48 V phantom power @ 50 mW, typical (frequency band dependent)
- Phantom power required?
- +48 V ± 4 V, 7 mA maximum, +12 V ± 1 V, 7 mA maximum
- 196 g (6.9 oz) with AA batteries
Belt clip and protective skin for UR3 Plug-on Wireless Microphone Transmitter.