Microflex Wireless Microphone Solutions for Enterprise-Scale AV Environments
Microflex® Wireless provides elegant solutions for managing vivid, lifelike sound in AV conferencing environments from custom boardrooms to networked enterprises.
- Transmitter form factors include handheld, bodypack, boundary and gooseneck
- Power options include Shure rechargeable batteries, docking station, and USB chargers
- Components are accessible over Ethernet with Microflex Wireless Control Software or third-party control systems
- Dante™ networking transports digital audio from wireless microphones over Ethernet to other Dante-equipped devices
MXW1 Hybrid Bodypack TransmitterMXW1 features both an integrated omnidirectional microphone and an input jack for connecting an earworn or lavalier microphone.
MXW2/BETA58 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith an interchangeable BETA 58A® microphone cartridge, MXW2/BETA58 features dual transmit antennas that maximize transmission strength based on the user’s hand placement.
MXW2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith an interchangeable SM58® microphone cartridge, MXW2/SM58 features dual transmit antennas that maximize transmission strength based on the user’s hand placement.
MXW2/SM86 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith an interchangeable SM86 microphone cartridge, MXW2/SM86 features dual transmit antennas that maximize transmission strength based on the user’s hand placement.
MXW2/VP68 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith an interchangeable VP68 microphone cartridge, MXW2/VP68 features dual transmit antennas that maximize transmission strength based on the user’s hand placement.
MXW6/C Boundary Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith a low-profile design, MXW6/C features a cardioid polar pattern.
MXW6/O Boundary Wireless Microphone TransmitterWith a low-profile design, MXW6/O features an omnidirectional polar pattern.
MXW8 Gooseneck Microphone Base TransmitterMXW8 is compatible with 5", 10", and 15" Microflex® gooseneck microphones.
MXWAPT4 Access Point TransceiverThe four-channel MXWAPT4 uses automated frequency coordination to assign clean frequencies to wireless microphone transmitters.
MXWAPT8 Access Point TransceiverThe eight-channel MXWAPT8 uses automated frequency coordination to assign clean frequencies to wireless microphone transmitters.
MXWANI4 Audio Network InterfaceMXWANI4 connects and distributes Microflex® Wireless systems to conference room AV networks.
MXWANI8 Audio Network InterfaceMXWANI8 connects and distributes Microflex® Wireless systems to conference room AV networks.
MXWNCS2 Networked Charging StationAvailable summer 2016, MXWNCS2 is designed to blend into conference room aesthetics, allowing Microflex® Wireless components to charge without a tangle of cables.
MXWNCS4 Networked Charging StationMXWNCS4 is designed to blend into conference room aesthetics, allowing Microflex® Wireless components to charge without a tangle of cables.
MXWNCS8 Networked Charging StationMXWNCS8 is designed to blend into conference room aesthetics, allowing Microflex® Wireless components to charge without a tangle of cables.
Microflex Wireless extends the reach of team resources for AV and IT professionals by bringing modern design, lifelike sound, and networked controls to signature boardrooms and AV conferencing environments that require high-quality, low-profile condenser microphones.
Premium Conferencing Audio for Elite Boardrooms
- Vivid, lifelike sound: Microflex microphone elements flawlessly capture full-range audio for clear, detailed communication
- Versatile microphone selection: Wireless boundary, gooseneck, bodypack, and handheld models are available to fit any conferencing application
- Discreet designs: With elegant aesthetics and a low-profile footprint, Microflex Wireless systems are designed to install easily and disappear into AV environments
- Scalable solutions: 4- and 8-channel systems can be combined to support configurations of up to 40 compatible channels (80 in Europe and select countries). Adjustable power limits enable additional channels to operate in separate rooms. Subnet scalability/size: Up to 20 APT4 or APT8 devices per subnet*
*VLANs can be deployed to increase this number. Contact Shure Systems Support at email@example.com for details.
Networked Digital Wireless for Enterprise-Scale Environments
- Dante digital audio networking: Integrated solution transports low-latency, uncompressed audio over standard Ethernet networks
- Ethernet connectivity: All Microflex Wireless networking components connect via Cat5e cable for simplified installation
- Corporate network ready: Connect to corporate networks and third-party control systems using standard networking protocols for remote management and campus-wide implementation
- Microflex Wireless Control Software: Browser-based control software offers comprehensive remote monitoring and control of all settings and status parameters over the web, a corporate network or an AV local area network. Access the software via the Shure Web Device Discovery Application
- Control system compatible: Third-party control and automation systems (AMX®, Crestron®) are fully compatible with Microflex Wireless, enabling the creation of custom interfaces on touchscreen panels
Intelligent Performance, Simplified Setup & Operation
- Advanced rechargeable power management: Smart lithium-ion rechargeable batteries deliver up to 8 hours of continuous use, enable remote status monitoring while in the charger and provide remaining runtime in hours and minutes while in use via networked control systems
- Automated frequency coordination: Microflex Wireless systems actively scan the available spectrum and coordinate clean, compatible frequencies for every microphone channel. While in use, systems automatically move away from unexpected interference
- Encrypted wireless: Audio transmission is protected by AES-256 encryption, the same secure standard used in top government applications
- Selectable transmit power: Select the appropriate wireless output power per room to optimize spectrum usage, range and battery life
A Trusted Shure Experience
- Wireless expertise: Microflex Wireless embodies the robust performance and reliability of other globally renowned Shure wireless systems
- Trusted audio: Microflex Wireless transmitters use the same signature microphone elements as Microflex wired microphones seen in conferencing applications worldwide
- CommShield® Technology: All Microflex microphones feature this patented technology, which guards against unwanted radio interference from consumer wireless devices (read the CommShield white paper)
Release Date: 12/19/2014
These release notes cover the following models:
- MXWNCS4/8 Networked Chargers
- MXWANI4/8 Audio Network Interfaces
- MXWAPT4/8 Access Point Transceivers
- MXW1/2/6/8 Wireless Microphones
Lock Configuration – Enables more MXW devices to operate on the same subnet. When a configuration is locked it reduces overall network communication with devices outside of the configuration. This reduction in network traffic dramatically increases the overall number of MXW devices that can coexist on the same subnet. It is recommended that all users lock their configurations after setup to optimize system performance.
- Fixed Spectrum Scanner display bug introduced in 2.0.5. Current scan results are now shown immediately.
- Stability improvements for Audio Network Interfaces.
For operation of MXW devices with other Shure networked systems, see the following list of minimum software and firmware versions that are supported with MXW version 3.0.2:
- SCM820-DAN 1.1.21
- Shure Web Device Discovery 1.0.15
- Shure Update Utility 2.1.1
|Microflex Wireless Brochure||English||2.92 mb|
|Microflex Wireless CAD Drawing||English||ZIP||2.3 mb|
|Wireless Product Spectrum Chart||447 kb|
|Microflex Wireless Specification Sheet||English||1.04 mb|
|Microflex Wireless User Guide||English||6.08 mb|
|Shure Web Device Discovery Application v 1.0.15 (Mac OS X 10.6 and higher)||ZIP||15.5 mb|
|Shure Web Device Discovery Application v 1.0.15 (Win XP (32 bit & 64 bit), Vista, 7)||ZIP||17.6 mb|
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.