New Product —
For professional productions that demand flawless execution, Axient® Digital offers unprecedented signal stability and audio clarity, plus flexible hardware options, advanced connectivity, and comprehensive control. Starting at $2,300 per channel. AD transmitters available now. ADX transmitters coming soon.
- Up to 184 MHz tuning bandwidth across all receivers and transmitters
- Up to 17 channels / 6 MHz or 23 channels / 8 MHz in Standard Mode; up to 47 channels / 6 MHz or 63 channels / 8 MHz High Density Mode
- Transmitter form factors include handheld, bodypack, and micro-bodypack (micro-bodypack with ADX series only)
- Power options include Shure lithium-ion rechargeable batteries and AA batteries
AD1 Bodypack TransmitterLightweight, durable bodypack with optional rechargeability and TA4 and LEMO3 connector options.
AD2/B58 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a BETA 58A® cartridge. Available in black.
AD2/B87A Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a BETA®87A cartridge. Available in black.
AD2/B87C Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a BETA®87C cartridge. Available in black.
AD2/K8B Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM8 cartridge. Black finish.
AD2/K8N Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM8 cartridge. Nickel finish.
AD2/K9B Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM9 cartridge. Black finish.
AD2/K9HSB Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM9HS cartridge. Black finish.
AD2/K9HSN Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM9HS cartridge. Nickel finish.
AD2/K9N Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a KSM9 cartridge. Nickel finish.
AD2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and an SM58® cartridge. Available in black.
AD2/VP68 Handheld Wireless Microphone TransmitterA rugged metal handheld transmitter with powerful features and a VP68 cartridge. Available in black.
AD4D Two-Channel Digital Wireless ReceiverCompatible with all AD series (now available) and ADX series (coming soon) transmitters.
AD4Q Four-Channel Digital Wireless ReceiverCompatible with all AD series (now available) and ADX series (coming soon) transmitters.
Axient Digital Wireless Systems feature a shared receiver platform compatible with both AD series and ADX series transmitters. These scalable wireless systems provide incomparable sound for a wide range of applications and settings and include a groundbreaking micro-bodypack (ADX1M).
With outstanding signal quality in even the most complex, congested environments, Axient Digital ensures maximum stability, range, and clarity for uncompromising audio—anywhere, every time.
- Next Generation Digital Radio + Channel Quality Metering. A high-performance modulation scheme provides maximum signal stability. The five-segment Channel Quality meter allows for real-time analysis of RF signal-to-noise, enabling operating range assessments and visibility into potential interference.
- True Digital Diversity. Mounting a better defense against multipath, fading events, and other RF anomalies, Axient Digital combines two discrete RF signals per receiver channel using a quality-based maximal-ratio-combining algorithm.
- Quadversity™. By assigning four antenna inputs to a single channel, Quadversity can provide extended coverage and the option for separate zones, plus added resistance against multipath interference and RF noise.
- Wide Tuning Receivers and Transmitters. An expansive tuning bandwidth of up to 184 MHz across all receivers and transmitters supplies broad strategic spectrum coverage while simplifying inventories for both sellers and operators.
- Spectral Efficiency. A robust High Density transmission mode increases system channel count dramatically, with up to 47 active channels per 6 MHz TV band (63 channels / 8 MHz)—all while maintaining exceptional audio quality.
- Operating Range. Selectable transmission modes and power levels enable optimum range and audio quality, with analog-type resilience, artifact-free muting, and fast signal recovery at end of range.
- Frequency Diversity. Signal quality is maximized by transmitting two identical signals on independent frequencies. If the active signal degrades, the other takes over automatically. With the ADX2FD handheld transmitter, Axient Digital monitors and combines the transmissions for a flawless audio signal.
- Interference Detection & Avoidance. With real-time monitoring via the AXT600 Spectrum Manager, sound engineers can neutralize RF interference by manually switching the signal to a clear backup frequency or by programming the system to do it automatically.
Axient Digital defies limitations for both RF and audio quality. With industry-leading low latency, transparent frequency response, and wide dynamic range, Axient Digital lets nothing get in the way of true, pure sound. No matter the setting, you’ll experience dependable Shure audio quality.
- Ultra-low Latency. A best-in-class 2 milliseconds from microphone transducer to analog output guarantees seamless, cohesive sound. (Latency is transmission mode dependent. High Density mode latency is 2.9 ms.)
- Transparent Sound. A flat frequency response over a wide range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz provides accurate audio reproduction.
- Encryption. An Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encrypted signal ensures that every transmission is secure and unbreachable.
- Dynamic Range. Wide dynamic range of 120 dB(A) yields impressive signal-to-noise performance and accurate transient response.
- Digital Outputs. Dante™ digital audio transmits via a configurable four-port switch for combined control / audio or separate streams with redundancy. AES3 output provides an additional option for pristine digital audio.
COMMAND & CONTROL
ShowLink® remote control, Wireless Workbench® software, the ShurePlus™ Channels iOS app, and networked battery monitoring provide unmatched control and insight for seamless performance.
- Wireless Workbench & ShurePlus Channels App. Wireless Workbench offers total control, with an enhanced interface, access to advanced RF spectrum and Timeline plotting, frequency coordination, and live performance monitoring. Control and monitor capabilities also can be extended to a mobile device with the ShurePlus Channels iOS app.
- ShowLink Remote Control. ADX transmitters with ShowLink give engineers comprehensive real-time remote control of all transmitter parameters using a robust 2.4 GHz diversity wireless connection, allowing settings to be changed right from the control booth.
- Dante™ Cue & Dante™ Browse. Dante Cue enables monitoring of every Axient Digital channel on the network through a single headphone output, with the push of a single button. Plus, Dante Browse offers high-fidelity monitoring of any Dante-enabled device on the network.
- Networked Charging. Smart, high-performance batteries and chargers provide detailed visibility and remote monitoring of critical parameters such as remaining runtime in hours and minutes and charging status.
FCC Consumer Alert (U.S.)
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change.
For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
LPC-KLocking AC power connector for Axient® Digital receivers.
SB900AShure Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery. Works with PSM®300 (P3RA only), PSM®900 (P9RA only), PSM®1000, UR5 Portable Diversity Receiver, QLX-D® Digital Wireless Systems, and ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems.
SBC-AX Axient® Charging ModuleSBC-AX charges two SB900A Rechargeable Batteries in the SBRC Shure Battery Rack Charger.
SBC200Dual-docking Shure battery charger is available with or without power supply. Works with SB900A, UR5, P3RA, P9RA, P10R, QLX-D® Digital Wireless Systems and ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems.
SBC800-US8-Bay Shure Battery Charger. Works with SB900A, PSM®900, PSM®1000, UR5 Portable Diversity Receiver, and ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems.
SBRC Shure Battery Rack ChargerAccommodates up to 8 Shure rechargeable bodypack and handheld transmitter batteries in a single rack space.
WA617MRadome color ID kit for Axient® Digital handheld transmitters.
|Axient Digital with AD Transmitters Architectural Specifications||English||TXT||2.43 kb|
|Axient Digital||English||2.48 mb|
|AD4Q CAD File||English||ZIP||1.23 mb|
|AD4D CAD File||English||ZIP||1.11 mb|
|AD1 with LEMO Connector CAD File||English||ZIP||444 kb|
|AD1 with TQG Connector CAD File||English||ZIP||422 kb|
|AD2 CAD File||English||ZIP||138 kb|
|Axient Digital with AD Transmitters Specification Sheet||English||851 kb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4 (64-bit Mac OS X 10.10 -10.12)||ZIP||13.8 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4 (64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||16 mb|
Axient Digital in Brief
Axient Digital At the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas, Shure debuted its Axient® Digital W...
What is Dante?
Dante is a digital audio networking protocol developed by Audinate, an Australian company.&nbs...
Extra Battery Terminals ULXD1, P9RA, P10R, UR5
The extra contacts only support functionality of the optional SB900A Li-ion rechargeable batte...
What is the difference between UHF and VHF frequencies?
Frequency Bands for Wireless Microphone Systems Every wireless microphone system transmits...
Reserved TV channels and registering wireless mics
Background After the 700 MHz auction in 2009, many unoccupied TV channels are shared between...
Troubleshoot wireless mic dropouts
Dropouts in wireless mics can be caused by many things, including antenna placement, bad anten...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.