Wireless Workbench Learning Resources
WWB6 is compatible with the Shure Axient® Wireless Management Network, UHF-R® Wireless Systems, ULX-D® Digital Wireless Systems, QLX-D™ Digital Wireless Systems, and PSM® 1000 Personal Monitoring Systems.
System requirements: Windows or Mac OS X.
- Automatic discovery of networked Shure devices
- Profiles for select third-party wireless devices included
- Label, organize, and configure device parameters
- Configure multiple wireless devices at once with batch edits
- Continuously scan from networked Shure scanning hardware
- Frequency plot provides detailed visibility of usable spectrum
- Use Coordination Workspace to analyze, calculate and deploy frequencies to inventory based on scan data
- Prioritize and allocate spectrum for channels with Inclusion Groups
- Assign compatible frequencies to networked Shure wireless devices
- Real-time audio, RF, and battery metering per channel
- Channel strip designer allows for customization of viewable settings
- Configure and store multiple channel strip arrangements
- Configurable interference and hardware alerts
Release Date: 11/17/2015
- Added support for AXT100 Talk Switch capabilities. This update requires supporting Axient firmware (1.16)
- Added compatibility with Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan.
- Added support for new QLX-D bands in the ISM range: X52, X53, X54.
Added support for new ULX-D band: Z16.
- In order to support this new band, the plot ranges in the Coordination Plot and Frequency Plot have been extended.
- Updated TV Data for Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
- If you are running the Mac OS X Yosemite Operating System, be sure to run version 10.10.4 or later. Earlier beta versions of the Operating System are not supported.
- On Macs, when users open show files and launch the Frequency Analysis dialog (by checking the checkbox and pressing “Analyze”), the Frequency Coordination tab may stop responding to keyboard inputs (for example, editing or deleting frequencies with the keyboard). To work around this issue, select another tab in the application (e.g.: Inventory or Monitor) and then reselect the Frequency Coordination tab.
- SLX and ULX frequencies in Master List mode cannot be manually entered in the Coordination Workspace. They can, however, be coordinated and analyzed.
- When scanning with AXT400 receivers, the Band Preset value in the Live Scan Settings dialog does not always stay in sync with the currently selected band of the receiver. The Band Preset can be manually changed to scan any supported range.
- Alerts logged when devices first come online may list device parameters and their values as they are being discovered even though the parameter values themselves have not changed.
- In order to monitor and control networked devices, you must be connected to the same subnet. Cross-subnet connections to a network of gear are not supported.
- Tags that have been added to a show file but are not assigned to any devices are not saved within the show file.
- Opening show files created with older versions of Wireless Workbench may result in the Settings Conflicts dialog opening once the file has loaded. This is due to newly supported hardware parameters that have been introduced with updated firmware versions. To maintain all settings from the show file, select "Keep all settings from: Wireless Workbench".
On machines running Windows 7, Wireless Workbench will not be able to discover devices when the machine has fallen back to its 169.254.xxx.yyy fallback IP address, regardless of the IP addressing of the connected Shure devices. To address this, perform one of the following:
- Insert a DHCP server onto your network and set your machine and Shure devices to accept automatic IP addressing.
- Statically assign your machine's IP address to the 169.254.xxx.yyy fallback subnet with a different IP address than the one it fell back to originally.
|Axient Wireless Brochure||English||527 kb|
|PSM 900 & PSM 1000 Brochure||English||972 kb|
|QLX-D Digital Wireless Brochure||English||578 kb|
|UHF-R Brochure||English||581 kb|
|ULX-D Brochure||English||1.17 mb|
|Wireless Workbench 6 Quick Start Guide||English||1.72 mb|
|Wireless Workbench v 188.8.131.52 (Mac OS X 10.8-10.11)||ZIP||97.7 mb|
|Wireless Workbench v 184.108.40.206 (Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||55.4 mb|
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.