Revived exactly the same as the original, this companion to the M44-7 provides an ideal balance between skip resistance and accuracy of sound reproduction for entertainment purposes.
The M44G is a versatile performance needle, appropriate for both intensive scratching and mixing.
- With a tracking force of 0.75 to 1.5 grams, and a frequency response which is essentially flat from 20 to 20,000 Hz, the M44G produces a vibrant, high-definition sound.
- With the same unique Shure Type S cantilever as used on the M44-7, the M44G is a highly reliable performer, which is also easy on your vinyl.
- Skip Resistance: very high
- Output: high
- Record Wear: very low
- Sound Emphasis: detailed bass and lows
- N44G Replacement Needle, Single, with Box and User Guide
- N44GQ Replacement Needle, 4 Pack, Mounted on a card
|Frequency Response||47 kilohms in parallel with 450pf|
|Tracking Force Range||0.75 to 1.5 grams|
|Frequency Response||Essentially flat from 20 to 20,000 Hz|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
M44G 'sticks' at end of record
It is likely that the tone arm is sticking. The stylus is a passive device; its movement is co...
M95ED cartridge/stylus -- alternates for 33 rpm mono and 78 rpm
1. A spherical (conical) tip would likely work better, but you would have to try it and hear t...
Color code for phono cartridge wiring
The color code below applies to the majority of turntables and tone arms: Left = white wire ...
Hum in a Hi-Fi System or Turntable
SOURCES OF HUM It is difficult to answer the question "What makes my hi-fi system hum?&...
Vintage Shure Catalogs (1933-1985)
Year Type Size Model numbers 1933 Cat...
Stylus Wear and Record Wear
In 1954, a booklet was published on this subject. It has been out of print for decades.&...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.