The M97xE is a superb smooth-sounding phonograph cartridge designed to provide long hours of undistorted listening, without fatiguing the ear. Its highly precise tracking ability and flat frequency response are made possible by Shure's unique Type II low-mass thin-wall aluminum alloy stylus cantilever, combined with a precision-crafted, finely polished, elliptical diamond tip.
This cartridge is able to accurately reproduce very difficult musical passages, particularly in the high-frequency range, where audio modulations are the smallest and most concentrated, and stylus tip movement is consequently the most rapid.
- Dynamic Stabilizer: The Shure exclusive viscous-damped Dynamic Stabilizer maintains a uniform distance between the cartridge and the record under difficult playing conditions, even those caused by warped records or mismatched tonearm mass. When such stabilization is not required, the stabilizer brush can be locked up into its detent position, which, under ideal playing conditions, can provide even better sound quality.
- Side-Guard Stylus Protection System: The innovative protection system helps to limit stylus damage if the cartridge accidentally slides across a record. This unique feature responds to side thrusts on the stylus by momentarily forcing the stylus cantilever and tip upward so that the cantilever does not bend sideways.
- Die Cast Aluminum Mounting Block: Ensures secure, vibration-free attachment to the tonearm.
- Warranty: Every M97xE ordered from this website comes two-year limited warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Included Accessories: Headshell screwdriver, Stylus cleaning brush, Mounting hardware, Stylus guard.
M97xE Back cueing
The stylus of the M97xE is definitely not constructed to withstand back-cueing. We would predi...
M97xE brush creates static cling
Sorry, there is no solution. Like you, I use a felt mat and the M97xE. The mat does cling to t...
M97xE terminals and color rings
Use a bright light to see the letters RG - L - R - LG molded into the black plastic terminal p...
M97xE Effective Stylus Tip Mass
Effective tip mass for Shure N97xE stylus: 0.4 mg (milligram.)
M97xE Height and Vertical Tracking Angle
The VTA will be correct when the top of the headshell is parallel to the record. ...
Is the brush on my M97xE defective?
The brush bristles are indeed cut an an angle. Looking at the cartridge from the fro...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.