Designed for use in speech applications including sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and recording, the SCM820 uses IntelliMix® technology to dramatically improve audio quality when many channels of microphones need to operate simultaneously.
Multiple I/O configurations and networking options ensure analog and digital connectivity between devices.
- Delivers seamless automatic mixing and reduced background noise through dynamic channel gating and attenuation
- NAT (Noise Adaptive Threshold) continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA) determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphones changes
- Last Mic Lock-On (LMLO) keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated
- MaxBus ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech
- IntelliMix Modes offer five different mixer mode presets of reliable automixing styles (Classic, Smooth, Extreme, Custom, or Manual) to quickly tailor the mix for a particular application
Enhanced I/O support for greater application flexibility and digital connectivity
- DB25 or logic-enabled block connector models available, each with 8 inputs
- Per-channel direct outputs allow the SCM820 to be used as an insert processor
- Mix A and B outputs with selectable mic or line level connect to a sound reinforcement system, mixing console, or recording device
- Dual mixer operation enables routing of independent automixes to the mix A and B outputs, allowing two entirely different mixes to result from the same set of inputs
- Aux inputs on both the front and back panel easily connect to media players
- ¼" (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for channel solo and mix monitoring
- Channel control knobs allow quick adjustment of gain, limiter, and EQ settings, and solo/mute functions on input channels
- Output mix controls and meters enable front-panel master gain and limiter control as well as signal monitoring
- LED meter rings display input audio or IntelliMix gain levels for each channel
- Browser-based control software delivers comprehensive software control, monitoring, routing, and configuration of all signals and settings and adds a parametric 8-band EQ
- Works with SystemOn Audio Asset Management Software
- Standard Ethernet or Dante™ digital networked audio configurations available
- Dante-equipped models enable multi-channel audio networking over Ethernet
- Dante upgrade card available for standard Ethernet models
- Link Dante-equipped SCM820 mixers to form large automixes of up to 12 units (96 channels of audio)
- Control system compatible (AMX, Crestron)
- Two channels of patented Shure DFR (Digital Feedback Reduction)
- Assignable to input channels and mix outputs
- Automatic feedback detection and filter deployment
- Up to 16 filters per channel
- 25 Hz to 20 KHz bandwidth
- Up to 18 dB gain reduction per filter
- Selectable low / high Q filter width (1/40th or 1/70th octave)
- “Freeze” feature that locks depth and frequency of existing filters to avoid unwanted automatic changes
- Auto-clear on power cycle or timeout that returns filter settings to a pre-defined state for the next event
Ability to save current settings to use later or load preexisting setups
Watch a video demonstration: How To Set Up Digital Feedback Reduction for SCM820
A820-NIC-DANTE Dante Digital Audio Upgrade CardThis upgrade card brings Dante™ digital audio to standard Ethernet versions of the SCM820 automatic mixer.
DB25-TRSMEight-channel DB25 to TRS audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
DB25-XLRFEight-channel DB25 to XLR female audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
DB25-XLRMEight-channel DB25 to XLR male audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||4.77 mb|
|SCM820 Digital IntelliMix Automatic Mixer Brochure||English||493 kb|
|SCM820 CAD Drawing||English||ZIP||1.29 mb|
|IP Ports and Protocols for Microflex Wireless and SCM820||159 kb|
|SCM820 Signal Flow Diagram||523 kb|
|SCM820 Specification Sheet||English||389 kb|
|SCM820 User Guide|
|Shure Web Device Discovery Application 1.2.5 (Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||14.6 mb|
|Shure Web Device Discovery Application 1.2.5 (macOS 10.11-10.13)||ZIP||11.8 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.4 (64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||21.9 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.4 (32-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||20.7 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4.4 (64-bit macOS 10.12 - 10.14)||ZIP||19.5 mb|
Disqualified Network Switches for Shure Dante Devices
In addition to the network switches mentioned in Audinate’s “list of incompatible, unmanaged swit...
Understanding Dante Flows
In order to answer this question, it's important to understand the concept of Dante flows. ...
XLR to Phoenix Euro Block Connector Wiring and Jumper Cable
Wiring: XLR pin 1 to Euro Block Ground and Cable Shield XLR pin 2 to Euro Block Positive ...
SCM820, Dante, MXWANI
Yes, this can be done using Dante Controller. Route the 8 "Direct Out" transmit channels from ...
Crestron / AMX connection problems to Shure products
This answer applies to all Shure products that connect to AMX/Crestron via ethernet, such as t...
Is an automatic mixer faster than a human operator?
Yes. A Shure automatic mixer can activate a microphone within 4 milliseconds. - more informati...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.