Designed for use in speech applications including sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and recording, the SCM820 uses IntelliMix® technology to dramatically improve audio quality when many channels of microphones need to operate simultaneously.
Multiple I/O configurations and networking options ensure analog and digital connectivity between devices.
- Delivers seamless automatic mixing and reduced background noise through dynamic channel gating and attenuation
- NAT (Noise Adaptive Threshold) continuously adjusts the activation threshold for opening a channel
- Number of Open Microphones Attenuation (NOMA) determines the amount of gain attenuation for a mix output when the number of active microphones changes
- Last Mic Lock-On (LMLO) keeps the most recently activated microphone open until another microphone is activated
- MaxBus ensures that only one channel is opened per sound source, reducing comb filtering for clear and intelligible speech
- IntelliMix Modes offer five different mixer mode presets of reliable automixing styles (Classic, Smooth, Extreme, Custom, or Manual) to quickly tailor the mix for a particular application
Enhanced I/O support for greater application flexibility and digital connectivity
- DB25 or logic-enabled block connector models available, each with 8 inputs
- Per-channel direct outputs allow the SCM820 to be used as an insert processor
- Mix A and B outputs with selectable mic or line level connect to a sound reinforcement system, mixing console, or recording device
- Dual mixer operation enables routing of independent automixes to the mix A and B outputs, allowing two entirely different mixes to result from the same set of inputs
- Aux inputs on both the front and back panel easily connect to media players
- ¼" (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output for channel solo and mix monitoring
- Channel control knobs allow quick adjustment of gain, limiter, and EQ settings, and solo/mute functions on input channels
- Output mix controls and meters enable front-panel master gain and limiter control as well as signal monitoring
- LED meter rings display input audio or IntelliMix gain levels for each channel
- Browser-based control software delivers comprehensive software control, monitoring, routing, and configuration of all signals and settings and adds a parametric 8-band EQ
- Works with SystemOn Audio Asset Management Software
- Standard Ethernet or Dante™ digital networked audio configurations available
- Dante-equipped models enable multi-channel audio networking over Ethernet
- Dante upgrade card available for standard Ethernet models
- Link Dante-equipped SCM820 mixers to form large automixes of up to 12 units (96 channels of audio)
- Control system compatible (AMX, Crestron)
- Two channels of patented Shure DFR (Digital Feedback Reduction)
- Assignable to input channels and mix outputs
- Automatic feedback detection and filter deployment
- Up to 16 filters per channel
- 25 Hz to 20 KHz bandwidth
- Up to 18 dB gain reduction per filter
- Selectable low / high Q filter width (1/40th or 1/70th octave)
- “Freeze” feature that locks depth and frequency of existing filters to avoid unwanted automatic changes
- Auto-clear on power cycle or timeout that returns filter settings to a pre-defined state for the next event
Ability to save current settings to use later or load preexisting setups
Watch a video demonstration: How To Set Up Digital Feedback Reduction for SCM820
A820-NIC-DANTE Dante Digital Audio Upgrade CardThis upgrade card brings Dante™ digital audio to standard Ethernet versions of the SCM820 automatic mixer.
DB25-TRSMEight-channel DB25 to TRS audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
DB25-XLRFEight-channel DB25 to XLR female audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
DB25-XLRMEight-channel DB25 to XLR male audio snake for use with SCM820-DB25 models.
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||4.77 mb|
|SCM820 Digital IntelliMix Automatic Mixer Brochure||English||493 kb|
|SCM820 CAD Drawing||English||ZIP||1.29 mb|
|IP Ports and Protocols for Microflex Wireless and SCM820||159 kb|
|SCM820 Signal Flow Diagram||523 kb|
|SCM820 Specification Sheet||English||867 kb|
|SCM820 User Guide|
|Shure Web Device Discovery Application 1.1 (Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||14.5 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4 (64-bit Mac OS X 10.10 -10.12)||ZIP||13.8 mb|
|Shure Update Utility 2.4 (64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10)||ZIP||16 mb|
Understanding Dante Flows
In order to answer this question, it's important to understand the concept of Dante flows. ...
Solution for too many open mics
Use a voice activated mixer like the Shure SCM810 or SCM820. To calculate the increase in...
MXW with the SCM820-D
Yes, it is possible. Utilize the additional Ethernet port on the SCM820D. If this is a self-co...
SCM820, Dante, MXWANI
Yes, this can be done using Dante Controller. Route the 8 "Direct Out" transmit channels from ...
SCM820 used with a Yamaha CL console
Sorry, the answer is no. The Dante interface on the CL consoles cannot be configured to provid...
Is an automatic mixer faster than a human operator?
Yes. A Shure automatic mixer can activate a microphone within 4 milliseconds. - more informati...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.