LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone with Integrated Flash Recording
With its rugged build, true-to-life audio quality, and intuitive design, the VP83F LensHopper™ delivers the perfect blend of form and function. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, it offers digital flash recording / playback (MicroSDHC) capabilities that enable WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate.
This compact shotgun microphone features detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. The intuitive menu and one-button recording function make it fast and easy to use in almost any environment.
The VP83F includes:
- 2 AA alkaline batteries for 10 hours of battery life in Record mode
- Detachable 3.5 mm gold-plated audio connector output cable
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
- Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)
- Microphone Type
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Pattern
A microphone with a lobar polar pattern has the highest possible directivity. A lobar pick-up pattern is achieved with a shotgun microphone only.
- Frequency Response
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factor
- Model Line
- VP83 & VP83F Brochure (PDF)
- VP83F Specification Sheet (PDF)
- VP83 & VP83F Brochure
- VP83F Specification Sheet
- A83-FUR Installation Guide
- VP83F User Guide
- Related Links
- VP83F Firmware (ZIP)
- Updating VP83F™ LensHopper Firmware
Exceptional Audio Performance with Integrated Flash Recording
- Integrated digital flash recording (MicroSDHC, up to 32 GB) for WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate
- Dedicated headphone audio output for real-time headphone monitoring
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
- Easily accessible MicroSD card slot that allows quick “pop-out” card access
Intuitive Menu and Controls
- Easy-to-read, back-lit LCD screen that displays audio and battery metering, track information, headphone volume, mic gain, low-cut filter, and remaining recording time
- Five-position joystick that provides advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low-cut filter and mic gain adjustments, track management, and playback support
- One-touch record button that facilitates fast audio capture and allows for pausing and stopping
- Adjustable user gain (up to 60 dB in 1 dB increments) for fine-tuning audio
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83F)
Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in a lightweight design
- Electret condenser
- Frequency Response
- 50–20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Supercardioid / lobar
Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Rycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size A83-FUR Installation Guide English 1.74 mb VP83F User Guide English 2.85 mb VP83F User Guide French 2.85 mb VP83F User Guide Portuguese 1.44 mb VP83F User Guide Spanish 2.85 mb