With its rugged build, true-to-life audio quality, and intuitive design, the VP83F LensHopper™ delivers the perfect blend of form and function. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, it offers digital flash recording / playback (MicroSDHC) capabilities that enable WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate.
This compact shotgun microphone features detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. The intuitive menu and one-button recording function make it fast and easy to use in almost any environment.
The VP83F includes:
- 2 AA alkaline batteries for 10 hours of battery life in Record mode
- Detachable 3.5 mm gold-plated audio connector output cable
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
- Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)
Exceptional Audio Performance with Integrated Flash Recording
- Integrated digital flash recording (MicroSDHC, up to 32 GB) for WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate
- Dedicated headphone audio output for real-time headphone monitoring
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
- Easily accessible MicroSD card slot that allows quick “pop-out” card access
Intuitive Menu and Controls
- Easy-to-read, back-lit LCD screen that displays audio and battery metering, track information, headphone volume, mic gain, low-cut filter, and remaining recording time
- Five-position joystick that provides advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low-cut filter and mic gain adjustments, track management, and playback support
- One-touch record button that facilitates fast audio capture and allows for pausing and stopping
- Adjustable user gain (up to 60 dB in 1 dB increments) for fine-tuning audio
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83F)
Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in a lightweight design
|Frequency Response||50–20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid / lobar|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A83-FUR Windjammer®Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
A83WRycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Read what people think about the VP83F.
I’ve been looking forward to trying out the Shure VP83F... Read full text on The Location Crew blog
Shure's VP83 shotgun mic is a perfect fit if you are looking to record significantly cleaner audio than your on-board DSLR mic at an affordable price. The microphone plugs into the mic line on your camera and precisely captures the crisp audio you’re looking for... Read full text on Production HUB
The Shure LensHopper VP3F is a great product. If one needed a simple run and gun shotgun mic, look no further. It does everything it set out to do, and does it with intuitive design and quality construction. Shure has made its name making rugged, quality products and the VP3F is right on the money... Read full text in Videomaker
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||4.77 mb|
|VP83 & VP83F Brochure||English||3.11 mb|
|VP83F Specification Sheet||English||595 kb|
|VP83F Firmware See release notes||Posted May 03, 2016||Download ZIP (101 kb)|
|Instructions for Updating Shure VP83F LensHopper Firmware 1. Download VP83F LensHopper firmware zip (http://www.shure.com/software/001.000.009.VP83F.zip). 2. Unzip zip file. 3. Copy VP83F firmware (filename - 001.000.009.VP83F) onto freshly formatted microSD card. 4. Insert micro SD card with contacts facing up (towards top of device). 5. Secure outer door. 6. Power ON the VP83F unit (Left Button as you face LCD screen, Short Push). 7. Note momentary Startup Screen indicating Firmware version in the lower right corner. 8. From Home Screen, Joystick Right to Enter Main Menu. 9. From Main Menu, Joystick Down to select UTILITIES. 10. Joystick Right or Center Push to confirm. 11. Joystick Down to select UPDATE FW. 12. Joystick Right or Center Push to confirm. 13. UPDATE FW? screen should be displayed. 14. Screen should display current firmware on device and firmware on SD card. 15. Joystick Down to select YES, Center Push to confirm. 16. Note momentary UPDATING TO... screen, followed by momentary start-up screen, followed by FW UPDATE SUCCESS, followed by Home screen.|
VP83 and VP83F Audio Output Configuration
VP83 and VP83F Audio Output to Camera: Tip and Ring are the same monaural signal (dual mono); ...
VP83F Timestamp on Files
The date and time can be set manually on the VP83F in an "HH:MM:SS" format. On a typ...
VP83F with iPhone
To use the VP83 with an iPhone requires the use of an adapter cable, such as this one: http:...
VP83F Mic Won't Turn On
We have seen this problem if the batteries are not installed with the correct orientation...
VP83 hints for video production
Start with proper gain staging. Proper gain staging on your VP83 LensHopper starts with t...
VP83 and VP83F - DC blocking capacitors
Yes. The VP83F has DC blocking capacitors and diode clamps on the headphone output and th...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.