VP83F LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone with Integrated Flash Recording
Offering digital flash recording / playback (MicroSDHC) capabilities, the VP83F shotgun microphone works with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders.
- Shotgun microphone with digital flash recording / playback capabilities for mounting on a DSLR camera or HD camcorder
- Electret condenser cartridge with supercardioid / lobar polar pattern
- Integrated shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from unwanted noise
- Includes VP83F, 2 AA batteries, cable, shoe mount, windscreen, and user guide
With its rugged build, true-to-life audio quality, and intuitive design, the VP83F LensHopper™ delivers the perfect blend of form and function. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, it offers digital flash recording / playback (MicroSDHC) capabilities that enable WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate.
This compact shotgun microphone features detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. The intuitive menu and one-button recording function make it fast and easy to use in almost any environment.
The VP83F includes:
- 2 AA alkaline batteries for 10 hours of battery life in Record mode
- Detachable 3.5 mm gold-plated audio connector output cable
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
- Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)
Exceptional Audio Performance with Integrated Flash Recording
- Integrated digital flash recording (MicroSDHC, up to 32 GB) for WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate
- Dedicated headphone audio output for real-time headphone monitoring
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
- Easily accessible MicroSD card slot that allows quick “pop-out” card access
Intuitive Menu and Controls
- Easy-to-read, back-lit LCD screen that displays audio and battery metering, track information, headphone volume, mic gain, low-cut filter, and remaining recording time
- Five-position joystick that provides advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low-cut filter and mic gain adjustments, track management, and playback support
- One-touch record button that facilitates fast audio capture and allows for pausing and stopping
- Adjustable user gain (up to 60 dB in 1 dB increments) for fine-tuning audio
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83F)
Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in a lightweight design
|Frequency Response||50–20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid / lobar|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A83-FUR Windjammer®Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
A83WRycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Read what people think about the VP83F.
I’ve been looking forward to trying out the Shure VP83F... Read full text on The Location Crew blog
Shure's VP83 shotgun mic is a perfect fit if you are looking to record significantly cleaner audio than your on-board DSLR mic at an affordable price. The microphone plugs into the mic line on your camera and precisely captures the crisp audio you’re looking for... Read full text on Production HUB
The Shure LensHopper VP3F is a great product. If one needed a simple run and gun shotgun mic, look no further. It does everything it set out to do, and does it with intuitive design and quality construction. Shure has made its name making rugged, quality products and the VP3F is right on the money... Read full text in Videomaker
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||2.44 mb|
|VP83 & VP83F Brochure||English||3.11 mb|
|VP83F Specification Sheet||English||595 kb|
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.