Condenser Microphone TypeLightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
Lobar Polar PatternA microphone with a lobar polar pattern has the highest possible directivity. A lobar pick-up pattern is achieved with a shotgun microphone only.
Tailored Frequency ResponseSmooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
VP83F LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone with Integrated Flash Recording
With its rugged build, true-to-life audio quality, and intuitive design, the VP83F LensHopper™ delivers the perfect blend of form and function. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, it offers digital flash recording / playback (MicroSDHC) capabilities that enable WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate.
This compact shotgun microphone features detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. The intuitive menu and one-button recording function make it fast and easy to use in almost any environment.
The VP83F includes:
- 2 AA alkaline batteries for 10 hours of battery life in Record mode
- Detachable 3.5 mm gold-plated audio connector output cable
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
- Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)
Exceptional Audio Performance with Integrated Flash Recording
- Integrated digital flash recording (MicroSDHC, up to 32 GB) for WAV file capture at 24-bit / 48 kHz sampling rate
- Dedicated headphone audio output for real-time headphone monitoring
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
- Easily accessible MicroSD card slot that allows quick “pop-out” card access
Intuitive Menu and Controls
- Easy-to-read, back-lit LCD screen that displays audio and battery metering, track information, headphone volume, mic gain, low-cut filter, and remaining recording time
- Five-position joystick that provides advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low-cut filter and mic gain adjustments, track management, and playback support
- One-touch record button that facilitates fast audio capture and allows for pausing and stopping
- Adjustable user gain (up to 60 dB in 1 dB increments) for fine-tuning audio
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83F)
Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in a lightweight design
- Frequency Response
- Polar Pattern
Supercardioid / lobar
Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Where To Buy
Rycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Where To Buy
File Language Type File Size VP83F User Guide English 1.95 mb VP83F User Guide French 1.95 mb VP83F User Guide Portuguese 1.96 mb VP83F User Guide Spanish 1.95 mb