The ultra-compact VP83 LensHopper™ is an all-in-one solution for capturing detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, the VP83 features a rugged build and true-to-life audio quality, expertly combining form and function. Its easily accessible controls enable quick adjustments for different recording environments.
Exceptional Audio Performance with User-Friendly Controls
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
Easily accessible controls at the back of the microphone:
- Three-position gain (-10 dB pad, 0, +20 dB boost) to compensate for different recording environments
- Low-cut filter to eliminate background noise and room ambience
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83)
- Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in an ultra-lightweight design
|Frequency Response||50–20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid / lobar|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.from $45.00
Rycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.from $15.00
Shure's VP83 shotgun mic is a perfect fit if you are looking to record significantly cleaner audio than your on-board DSLR mic at an affordable price. The microphone plugs into the mic line on your camera and precisely captures the crisp audio you’re looking for... Read full text on Production HUB
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||3.67 mb|
|VP83 & VP83F Brochure||English||3.11 mb|
|VP83 Specification Sheet||English||621 kb|
|A83-FUR Installation Guide||English||1.74 mb|
|VP83 User Guide||English||2.26 mb|
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.