Condenser Microphone TypeLightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
Lobar Polar PatternA microphone with a lobar polar pattern has the highest possible directivity. A lobar pick-up pattern is achieved with a shotgun microphone only.
Tailored Frequency ResponseSmooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
VP83 LensHopper™ Camera-Mount Condenser Microphone
The ultra-compact VP83 LensHopper™ is an all-in-one solution for capturing detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time. For use with DSLR cameras and HD camcorders, the VP83 features a rugged build and true-to-life audio quality, expertly combining form and function. Its easily accessible controls enable quick adjustments for different recording environments.
The VP83 includes:
- 1 AA alkaline battery for 130 hours of battery life
- Integrated 3.5 mm gold-plated audio connector output cable for quick connection to camera or recording device
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
- Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)
Exceptional Audio Performance with User-Friendly Controls
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern that rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity that avoids unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF devices
Easily accessible controls at the back of the microphone:
- Three-position gain (-10 dB pad, 0, +20 dB boost) to compensate for different recording environments
- Low-cut filter to eliminate background noise and room ambience
Durable and Lightweight
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system that provides robust isolation from vibration and mechanical noise (exclusively developed with Rycote for the VP83)
- Durable, all-metal construction that meets legendary Shure quality standards in an ultra-lightweight design
- Frequency Response
- Polar Pattern
Supercardioid / lobar
Developed by Shure with Rycote®, the A83-FUR Windjammer® reduces wind noise up to 25 dB. Works with VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Where To Buy
Rycote® replacement foam windscreen for VP83 and VP83F LensHopper™ microphones.
Where To Buy
File Language Type File Size VP83 User Guide English 1.81 mb VP83 User Guide French 1.81 mb VP83 User Guide Portuguese 1.81 mb VP83 User Guide Spanish 1.8 mb