The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production. They combine exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome on-camera appearance.
The VP64A and VP64AL are identical except for handle length. The 200 mm (7-7/8 inch) long VP64A is ideal for close-up use and can be used outside as well as indoors. The VP64AL is well-suited to location interviews, sports broadcasting, and other situations where the 244 mm (9-5/8 inch) length is an advantage.
The omnidirectional pickup pattern provides uniform pickup on or off axis, eliminating the need for critical microphone positioning. The VP64A series also features a tailored frequency response with an upper midrange presence rise that adds crispness and clarity to speech. The cartridge utilizes a neodymium magnet for higher output and increased signal-to-noise ratio. An internal rubber isolation mount protects the microphone cartridge and minimizes handling noise. A water-resistant mesh grille allows the microphone to be used during the most challenging weather conditions. The supplied windscreen further reduces "pop" and wind noise.
- Neodymium magnet for increased output and maximized signal-to-noise ratio
- Tailored frequency response with mid-range presence rise for optimum speech clarity
- Omnidirectional polar pattern eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- Internal isolation mount for low handling noise
- Water-resistant mesh grille repels water under challenging weather conditions
- Supplied windscreen for reduced pickup of pop and wind noise
- Comfortable feel
- Handsome appearance; ideal for on-camera applications
- Legendary Shure ruggedness
- Frequency response: 50 to 12,000 Hz
|Frequency Response||50 to 12,000 Hz|
|lmpedance||Low (300 ohms actual)|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.7 mV) *1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
Microphone for live field recording
The VP64 or the SM63 is our choice. But both are omnidirectional. If you know for certain that...
Mic for recording books on tape
1) KSM44; set to omni pattern; requires phantom power 2) MX393/O; requires phantom power 3...
Which microphone to record interviews?
For interviews, we recommend the VP64A or SM63. Shure does not make any recording devices...
Mic for interview work
First, please read a Shure booklet available on our web site. Though aimed at audio for video ...
Mics for a personal computer
None of our "computer" microphones are omnidirectional, but here are some profession...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.