The SM94 is a unidirectional electret condenser microphone tailored to the instrument miking needs of professional musicians and sound engineers in both live performance and sound recording. Its smooth, flat frequency response is free of either a presence peak or a low-frequency rolloff, making it a perfect choice for all types of musical instruments.
The SM94 is equally at home in sound reinforcement systems or in sound studios and motion picture/ TV scoring stages. When used with the optional wind-screen, the SM94 can be used by vocalists and speech-makers who desire a wide, flat response with minimum coloration.
- Microphone Types
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Patterns
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
- Frequency Responses
Wide, uniform response. Consistent sensitivity through frequency range.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
- SM Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- SM94 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for SM94
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
- A sensitive mic with a wide, flat response ideal for live amplified and acoustic instruments.
- Extremely well-suited for reproduction of stringed instruments, woodwinds and cymbals
- AA battery or phantom power
- Internal shock mount
- Wide dynamic range
- Smooth, flat frequency response
- Uniform Cardioid condenser
- Frequency response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Cardioid Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
- 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Cardioid (unidirectional)--uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Phantom power required?
- Supply Voltage: 11 to 52 Vdc, (+) pins 2 and 3, Current Drain: 1.0 TO 1.2 mA max. at 52 Vdc
Microphone windscreen reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with KSM109/SL, PG81, SM94 and SM137. Available in black.
Where To Buy
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size SM94 User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish 697 kb