The SM93 is an economical omnidirectional miniature lavalier condenser microphone designed for use in speech applications. Despite its small size, the microphone element provides full, clear sound comparable to that of much larger microphones. Its frequency response is tailored to body-worn applications, with low-end rolloff and presence rise.
The SM93 is powered by phantom power supplied by broadcast, sound reinforcement or recording equipment, or an external phantom supply. The SM93 operates over an extremely wide voltage range of 11 to 52 Vdc, covering both DIN and IEC phantom power standards.
For use with a Shure wireless body-pack transmitter, see the WL93.
The SM93 is supplied with a sew-on mounting bracket, a mounting block with attached tie bar, and an acoustic windscreen to minimize wind noise in outdoor applications. It is also supplied with a dual mounting block with attached tie bar.
- Subminiature lavalier design; ideal size for theater, television broadcasting, video, film, and sound reinforcement
- Small, inconspicuous mounting hardware
- Full, clear sound comparable to larger microphones
- Smooth extended frequency response with presence rise specially tailored for chest-worn microphone operation
- Controlled low-frequency rolloff reduces low-frequency clothing and room noise
- Low distortion, wide dynamic range
- Versatile mounting accessories allow a variety of low-visibility applications
- Preamplifier assembly can be pocketed, strapped to the body, or clipped to belt or waistband
- Omnidirectional condenser
- Frequency response: 80 to 20,000 Hz
|Frequency Response||80 to 20,000 Hz, 12 dB/octave rolloff below 100 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Omnidirectional, uniform with frequency|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage: -43 dBV/Pa (7.0 mV), (1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL)|
|Phantom power required?||11 to 52 Vdc phantom. Protected against reverse voltage application|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
RK304T Tan Foam Windscreens & Tie ClipsTan Foam Windscreens & Tie Clips for the Shure SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two of each).
RK307DB Dual Microphone Tie ClipsDual Microphone Tie Clip for the SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two).
RK355WS Microphone WindscreensReduces unwanted breath and wind noise and for use with the Shure SM93 and WL93 lavalier microphones (contains 4). Available in black.
Classical Guitar Mic
Before you make any buying decision, please read the following: MICROPHONE TECHNIQUE FOR ...
How do I mic an accordion?
Miking an accordion for amplification is a mystery to most players. This briefly explains...
Alternate Mounting Clips for the WL93 and SM93
The mounting clips available for the WL50, WL51, MC50, and MC51 will work with the WL93 and SM...
Will the MX183 work with a wireless system or is it phantom powered?
The MX183 requires phantom power to operate. The microphone portion can be disconnected from t...
WL93 mic used as a wired XLR version
Preamplifier part# 90A4360A is required to make the WL93 into a wired SM93. &n...
WL93 Frequency Response and Positioning
1) What is the frequency response of the WL93lavalier microphone? * 50 to 20,000 Hz 2) ...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.