The SM93 is an economical omnidirectional miniature lavalier condenser microphone designed for use in speech applications. Despite its small size, the microphone element provides full, clear sound comparable to that of much larger microphones. Its frequency response is tailored to body-worn applications, with low-end rolloff and presence rise.
The SM93 is powered by phantom power supplied by broadcast, sound reinforcement or recording equipment, or an external phantom supply. The SM93 operates over an extremely wide voltage range of 11 to 52 Vdc, covering both DIN and IEC phantom power standards.
For use with a Shure wireless body-pack transmitter, see the WL93.
- Microphone Types
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Patterns
Equally sensitive to sound from all directions, but cannot be "aimed" to isolate one area.
- Frequency Responses
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
The SM93 is supplied with a sew-on mounting bracket, a mounting block with attached tie bar, and an acoustic windscreen to minimize wind noise in outdoor applications. It is also supplied with a dual mounting block with attached tie bar.
- Subminiature lavalier design; ideal size for theater, television broadcasting, video, film, and sound reinforcement
- Small, inconspicuous mounting hardware
- Full, clear sound comparable to larger microphones
- Smooth extended frequency response with presence rise specially tailored for chest-worn microphone operation
- Controlled low-frequency rolloff reduces low-frequency clothing and room noise
- Low distortion, wide dynamic range
- Versatile mounting accessories allow a variety of low-visibility applications
- Preamplifier assembly can be pocketed, strapped to the body, or clipped to belt or waistband
- Omnidirectional condenser
- Frequency response: 80 to 20,000 Hz
- Frequency Response
- 80 to 20,000 Hz, 12 dB/octave rolloff below 100 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Omnidirectional, uniform with frequency
- Output Level
- Open Circuit Voltage: -43 dBV/Pa (7.0 mV), (1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL)
- Phantom power required?
- 11 to 52 Vdc phantom. Protected against reverse voltage application
Tan Foam Windscreens & Tie Clips for the Shure SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two of each).
Where To Buy
Dual Microphone Tie Clip for the SM93 and WL93 microphones (contains two).
Where To Buy
Reduces unwanted breath and wind noise and for use with the Shure SM93 and WL93 lavalier microphones (contains 4). Available in black.
Where To Buy
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size SM93 User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Spanish 569 kb