The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices.
The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid (unidirectional)|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage*: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV) *0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A7WS Large Foam Microphone WindscreenLarge windscreen that reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with the Shure model SM7B. Available in black.
RK345 Windscreen / Pop Filter for SM7BWindscreen (Pop Filter) for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphones
RPM106 Cartridge for SM7, SM7A and SM7BReplacement cartridge for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphones.
RPM602 Switch Cover PlateSwitch Cover Plate for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphones.
RPM604Nut and Washer for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Yoke Mount.
SM7B Requirements for ADAT recording
The SM7B is a superb voice-over mic. And a high quality mic preamp will likely reduce the nois...
SM7, SM7A, SM7B - Differences
SM7 - Introduced 1973 with a U.S. retail price of $256.80. SM7A - Humbucking coil improved...
SM7B with the X2U
For typical operation, the SM7B requires a mic preamp with at least 60 dB of gain. ...
SM7B wobbles on a mic stand
For the SM7B to fasten tightly to a mic stand, there must be 7 mm (3/8") of external...
Comparison of the SM7B to the SM5B
Both are cardioid dynamic microphones intended for broadcast voice applications. Both are ...
Change SM7B settings while mic is operating
It is OK to change the settings while the mic is plugged in, and/or in use.
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.