The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices.
The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid (unidirectional)|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage*: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV) *0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A7WS Large Foam Microphone Windscreen
Large windscreen that reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with the Shure model SM7B. Available in black.from $24.00
RK345 Windscreen / Pop Filter for SM7B
Windscreen (Pop Filter) for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphonesfrom $14.00
RPM106 Cartridge for SM7, SM7A and SM7B
Replacement cartridge for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphones.from $159.00
RPM602 Switch Cover Plate
Switch Cover Plate for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Microphones.from $5.00
Nut and Washer for SM7, SM7A and SM7B Yoke Mount.from $19.00
Musicians, producers and engineers are always searching for the grail. The piece of gear that is built like a tank and performs better than you imagined, and doesn’t destroy your savings account... Read full text on AmericanSongwriter.com
|Broadcast & Media Production Brochure||English||2.44 mb|
|SM Microphone Product Brochure||English||1.85 mb|
|SM7B Specification Sheet||English||249 kb|
|SM7B User Guide||English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish||1010 kb|
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.