Elegant yet rugged, the high-output SM63 series of dynamic omnidirectional microphones are designed for professional applications where performance and appearance are critical. The three models differ only in length and color. The SM63 is designed for handheld use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and TV studios. The SM63L and SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews and other situations where longer microphones are desirable.
The smooth, wide frequency response of the SM63 is tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, and includes a controlled low-frequency rolloff for reduced pick-up of stand and wind noise. A built-in humbucking coil makes the microphones virtually immune to strong hum fields, such as those produced by studio lighting.
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
- Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops up to 2 m
- Patented Shure shock mount system minimizes handling noise
- Immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
|Frequency Response||80 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Level||-56.5 dBV/Pa (1.5 mV), (1Pa = 94 dB SPL)|
Cartridge for SM63
Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure SM63, SM63L and SM63LB Microphones.
Brown foam windscreen for AMS26, SM63, and SM63L microphones.
Grille for SM63L
Grille for SM63L Microphone.
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.