Elegant yet rugged, the high-output SM63 series of dynamic omnidirectional microphones are designed for professional applications where performance and appearance are critical. The three models differ only in length and color. The SM63 is designed for handheld use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and TV studios. The SM63L and SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews and other situations where longer microphones are desirable.
The smooth, wide frequency response of the SM63 is tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, and includes a controlled low-frequency rolloff for reduced pick-up of stand and wind noise. A built-in humbucking coil makes the microphones virtually immune to strong hum fields, such as those produced by studio lighting.
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
- Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops up to 2 m
- Patented Shure shock mount system minimizes handling noise
- Immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
|Frequency Response||80 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Level||-56.5 dBV/Pa (1.5 mV), (1Pa = 94 dB SPL)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
R191 Cartridge for SM63Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure SM63, SM63L and SM63LB Microphones.
RK229WS WindscreenBrown foam windscreen for AMS26, SM63, and SM63L microphones.
RK367G Grille for SM63LGrille for SM63L Microphone.
Miking a bell tower or carillon
The Shure model SM63. The SM63 is a dynamic microphone and can handle the high sound pre...
Microphone in a radioactive environment
Shure does not have a test facility for radioactive emissions, so the following is educated sp...
Microphone to pick up lake waves
The Shure SM63 has been used for such applications. Install the A81WS windscreen to minimize w...
Mic to record inside of a race car
1. Use an omnidirectional dynamic mic like the Shure SM63. 2. Cover the SM63 head with th...
1. Try the Shure SM63 mic with a Shure A81WS windscreen. It would be the most wind-resistant c...
The best mic for Independent Video/Film Productions?
First, read the booklet about audio for video: Educational Articles - Online booklets and bull...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.