Elegant yet rugged, the high-output SM63 series of dynamic omnidirectional microphones are designed for professional applications where performance and appearance are critical. The three models differ only in length and color. The SM63 is designed for handheld use on stage and in broadcast, recording, and TV studios. The SM63L and SM63LB are ideal for remote interviews and other situations where longer microphones are desirable.
The smooth, wide frequency response of the SM63 is tailored for optimum speech intelligibility, and includes a controlled low-frequency rolloff for reduced pick-up of stand and wind noise. A built-in humbucking coil makes the microphones virtually immune to strong hum fields, such as those produced by studio lighting.
- High output, low impedance
- 80 to 20,000 Hz frequency response tailored for optimum speech intelligibility
- Low-frequency roll off and built-in shock mount for reduced pickup of handling noise and stand vibration
- Humbucking coil for virtual immunity to strong electromagnetic hum fields
- Exceptionally rugged VERAFLEX grille that resists damage from drops up to 2 m
- Patented Shure shock mount system minimizes handling noise
- Immune to rust, corrosion, and moisture
- Built-in pop filter that suppresses breath and wind noise
- Accessory windscreen supplied with SM63L and SM63LB for outdoor use under adverse wind conditions
- Excellent balance and feel for hand-held use
- Supplied snap-in stand adapter
- Sleek, handsome appearance looks good on stage, screen, and television
|Frequency Response||80 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Level||-56.5 dBV/Pa (1.5 mV), (1Pa = 94 dB SPL)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
R191 Cartridge for SM63Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure SM63, SM63L and SM63LB Microphones.
RK229WS WindscreenBrown foam windscreen for AMS26, SM63, and SM63L microphones.
RK366G Grille for SM63Grille for SM63 Microphone
RK367G Grille for SM63LGrille for SM63L Microphone.
How do I mic an audience in a large reverberant room?
For educational material, please see: Educational Articles - Online booklets and bulletins ...
1. Try the Shure SM63 mic with a Shure A81WS windscreen. It would be the most wind-resistant c...
Setting up a mic in a room to record acoustic jam sessions
If you want one mic to set in the center of the room, and pick up in all directions, you will ...
Mics for a personal computer
None of our "computer" microphones are omnidirectional, but here are some profession...
The best mic for Independent Video/Film Productions?
First, read the booklet about audio for video: Educational Articles - Online booklets and bull...
Microphone for live field recording
The VP64 or the SM63 is our choice. But both are omnidirectional. If you know for certain that...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.