The legendary SM58 cardioid dynamic vocal microphone is now available with the X2u USB Signal Adapter, which features built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency, and easy controls to balance microphone and playback audio.
Digitally record wherever your computer takes you -- just plug and play for better-than-CD quality vocal reproduction.
- Dynamic microphone cartridge with a frequency response tailored with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to deliver legendary warm and clear vocal reproduction.
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern isolates vocal sound sources while minimizing background noise.
- Internal pneumatic shock mount minimizes handling noise.
- Legendary construction and versatility for consistent performance under rugged use and abuse on stage or in the studio.
- Plug and Play USB Connectivity allows the convenience of digital recording anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or later).
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack for monitoring with 1/8” connectivity
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- 16 bit, up to 48 kHz sample rate for better-than-CD quality audio
|Type||Dynamic (moving coil)|
|Frequency Response||SM58: 50 to 15,000 Hz, X2U: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A25D Microphone ClipBreak resistant microphone clip that securely mounts the SM58, SM57, SM87A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C and all other microphones with 3/4-inch and larger handles to a standard microphone stand.
A55HM Snap-in "Shock Stopper" MountShock Stopper Isolation Mount/Swivel Adapter, Half Mount, for SM57, SM58, Beta 57A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C or any Shure tapered handle mic.
A55M Shock Mount Microphone ClipIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Shure models SM57, SM58, SM86, Beta57A, Beta58A, Beta87A, and Beta87C to standard microphone stands.
A58WS Gray Microphone WindscreenReduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with all larger Shure "ball-type" microphones including the SM58, Beta58A, SM48, and the 565SD. Available in 6 colours; black, blue, gray, green, red, and yellow.
R59 Cartridge for SM58Replacement cartridge for the Shure SM58 microphone.
RK143G Factory Original SM58 Replacement GrilleFactory original replacement grille for the Shure SM58 wired microphone and SM58 wireless handheld transmitters.
File Language Type File Size SM Microphone Product Brochure English 1.85 mb
File Language Type File Size SM58 User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish 1.21 mb X2u User Guide Chinese-Simplified, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish 5.45 mb
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.