The legendary SM57 cardioid dynamic instrument microphone is now available with the X2u USB Signal Adapter, which features built-in headphone monitoring with zero latency, and easy controls to balance microphone and playback audio.
Digitally record wherever and whenever your computer takes you - just plug and play for better-than-CD quality instrument reproduction.
- Dynamic microphone cartridge with tailored frequency response delivers clear reproduction of amplified and acoustic instruments
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern isolates the sound source while minimizing background noise
- Internal pneumatic shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Legendary construction and versatility for consistent performance under rugged use and abuse on stage or in the studio.
- Plug and Play USB Connectivity allows the convenience of digital recording anywhere your computer can go (compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X 10.1 or later).
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack for monitoring with 1/8” connectivity
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- 16 bit, up to 48 kHz sample rate for better-than-CD quality audio
|Frequency Response||SM57: 40 to 15,000 Hz, X2u: 20 to 20,000 Hz +/- 1 dB|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A25D Microphone ClipBreak resistant microphone clip that securely mounts the SM58, SM57, SM87A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C and all other microphones with 3/4-inch and larger handles to a standard microphone stand.
A26M Dual Microphone MountAllows two Shure SM57, Beta 57A, or 545 Series microphones to be placed vertically on a standard microphone stand.
A55HM Snap-in "Shock Stopper" MountShock Stopper Isolation Mount/Swivel Adapter, Half Mount, for SM57, SM58, Beta 57A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C or any Shure tapered handle mic.
A55M Shock Mount Microphone ClipIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Shure models SM57, SM58, SM86, Beta57A, Beta58A, Beta87A, and Beta87C to standard microphone stands.
A81WS Large Foam Microphone WindscreenReduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with the Shure end address microphones such as the Shure SM81, and SM57. Available in gray.
R57 Cartridge for SM56 and SM57R57 Replacement Cartridge for Shure SM56 and SM57 Microphones.
RK244G Screen and Grille for SM57Replacement screen and grille assembly for the Model SM57 microphone consisting of the complete screen and grille assembly, an extra retainer ring, and nameplate.
SM57 and SM58 Model Number
SM stands for Studio Microphone, as the original market for Shure SM mics were TV, radio, and ...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Difference between a dynamic and condenser microphone
Dynamic and condenser describe the operating principal used in a microphone. Operating pr...
1/4" TRS Stereo vs. 1/4" TRS Balanced
1.If you have a stereo TRS 1/4" cable.. is that the same as the balanced TRS 1/4" ca...
Transformers - When to use and how does it work?
Audio Transformers Audio transformers can: 1) Step up (increase) or step down (decrease) a...
SM57 vs SM58
The SM57 and SM58 microphones are based on the same cartridge design. The main difference is i...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.