SM57 Instrument Microphone
SM57 Instrument Microphone
An industry standard for performance and recording, the versatile and rugged SM57 is an exceptional instrument microphone and vocal microphone.
- Handheld or mountable microphone for guitars, vocals, and other instruments in live sound and recording applications
- Dynamic cartridge with cardioid polar pattern
- Available with or without a cable
- Includes SM57, microphone clip, storage bag, and user guide
The legendary Shure SM57 is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording.
The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
Outstanding performance, reliability, and application diversity make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers worldwide.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Replacement cartridge: R57
|Frequency Response||40 to 15,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A25D Microphone ClipBreak resistant microphone clip that securely mounts the SM58, SM57, SM87A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C and all other microphones with 3/4-inch and larger handles to a standard microphone stand.
A26M Dual Microphone MountAllows two Shure SM57, Beta 57A, or 545 Series microphones to be placed vertically on a standard microphone stand.
A55HM Snap-in "Shock Stopper" MountShock Stopper Isolation Mount/Swivel Adapter, Half Mount, for SM57, SM58, Beta 57A, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C or any Shure tapered handle mic.
A55M Shock Mount Microphone ClipIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Shure models SM57, SM58, SM86, Beta57A, Beta58A, Beta87A, and Beta87C to standard microphone stands.
A81WS Large Foam Microphone WindscreenReduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with the Shure end address microphones such as the Shure SM81, and SM57. Available in gray.
R57 Cartridge for SM56 and SM57R57 Replacement Cartridge for Shure SM56 and SM57 Microphones.
RK244G Screen and Grille for SM57Replacement screen and grille assembly for the Model SM57 microphone consisting of the complete screen and grille assembly, an extra retainer ring, and nameplate.
File Language Type File Size The Unidyne Story (1939 to 2014) Brochure English 4.03 mb SM Microphone Product Brochure English 1.85 mb
File Language Type File Size SM57 Specification Sheet English 94.2 kb
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.