WL183, WL184 & WL185
Lavalier Condenser Microphones
Models WL183, WL184 and WL185 are lavalier electret condenser mics designed for use with a wireless body-pack transmitter. Each mic has a 1.2 meter (4 ft.) cable terminated with a miniature 4-pin mini connector. Included tie clip can be rotated in 90 degree intervals for placement flexibility.
All models feature CommShield® Technology, which guards against interference from cellular RF devices and digital bodypack transmitters.
WL183, WL184, and WL185 are sold separately.
Video / Broadcast / ENG
- Microphone Type
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Pattern
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
Equally sensitive to sound from all directions, but cannot be "aimed" to isolate one area.
Screens unwanted sound sources. Ideal for individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting, or single sources in noisy environments.
- Frequency Response
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factor
- Model Line
- Broadcast & Media Production Brochure (PDF)
- WL183 WL184 WL185 User Guide (PDF)
- Related Links
- Broadcast Brochure (PDF)
- All Broadcast Products
- CommShield® Technology White Paper
- WL183 (Omnidirectional): Recommended for general purpose sound reinforcement, recording, or remote monitoring applications. Low handling noise. Pickup angle: 360 degrees.
- WL184 (Supercardioid): Recommended for sound reinforcement applications requiring high rejection of ambient noise and narrow pickup angle. Use of windscreen highly recommended. Pickup angle: 115 degrees.
- WL185 (Cardioid): Recommended for general purpose sound reinforcement applications requiring good rejection of ambient noise. Use of windscreen highly recommended. Pickup angle: 130 degrees.
- Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 17,000 Hz
- 1800 ohms
- Output Level
- WL183: -40.0 dBV/Pa; WL184: -44.5 dBV/Pa; WL185: -45.5 dBV/Pa
Single Mount Tie Clip for MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184 and WL185 (contains two).
Dual Mount Tie-Clip for Shure MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184 and WL185 microphones (contains one).
The C122 is a 4 foot (1.3 m) Cable, 4-Pin Mini Connector (TA4F) to lavalier housing. For Shure microphones MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184, WL185.
Works with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185, and SM35. Contains 4 snap-fit windscreens.
Reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with Shure MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184, and WL185 microphones (contains four). Available in black.