The Shure Model WCM16 headworn electret condenser microphone is intended for wireless use by performers, lecturers, and others who require the highest quality voice pickup with maximum mobility. Its wide frequency response, low RF susceptibility and reliable operation at temperature and humidity extremes make the WCM16 suitable for virtually any vocal application. When used with Shure bodypack transmitters, the performance of the WCM16 closely resembles the finest conventional vocal microphones.
Miniaturized active circuitry included in the cartridge assembly provides equalization that tailors the low-frequency response to resemble the warm proximity effect of larger vocal microphones. Because of this low-end response, it is not necessary to position the microphone directly in front of the mouth, thus avoiding much popping and breath noise, even without the included foam pop screen.
The microphone's hypercardioid unidirectional pickup pattern provides maximum isolation from ambient noise and from adjacent sound sources such as musical instruments, loudspeakers and other performers. This permits higher gain-before-feedback without loss or masking of vocals.
- Extra lightweight, adjustable headband stays secure and virtually disappears while being worn
- Response comparable to finest conventional vocal microphones
- Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from vocalist's own instrument and those of other performers
- Uniform polar pattern at all frequencies for maximum gain before feedback
- High input clipping level eliminates overload distortion
- Cable terminates as 4-pin mini connector
- Windscreen included
- Reliable at temperature and humidity extremes
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Frequency Response||50 to 18,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Hypercardioid, uniform with frequency|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage -55.0 dbV (1.8 mV) at 0.6 m|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
WCM16 wiring to TA4F
Cable shield to TA4F connector pin 1 [return for audio and bias] Red wire to TA4F con...
Can the WCM16 be used with the UT system?
Mic elements in WH20, WCM16, WL185.
What is the microphone element used in the WH20 series microphones? * It is a dynamic cardio...
Wireless Systems and WCM16
1) Contact Shure Europe for help with frequency selection in Europe: email@example.com 2) ...
Purchase WCM16 with XLR connection?
If your customer wants to use the WCM16 "wired", they can use the RK100PK preamp.&nb...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.