Dynamic Microphone TypeSimple, rugged diaphragm/coil. handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
OmniDirectional Polar PatternEqually sensitive to sound from all directions, but cannot be "aimed" to isolate one area.
Tailored Frequency ResponseSmooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
VP64 Vocal Microphone
The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production. They combine exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome on-camera appearance.
The VP64A and VP64AL are identical except for handle length. The 200 mm (7-7/8 inch) long VP64A is ideal for close-up use and can be used outside as well as indoors. The VP64AL is well-suited to location interviews, sports broadcasting, and other situations where the 244 mm (9-5/8 inch) length is an advantage.
The omnidirectional pickup pattern provides uniform pickup on or off axis, eliminating the need for critical microphone positioning. The VP64A series also features a tailored frequency response with an upper midrange presence rise that adds crispness and clarity to speech. The cartridge utilizes a neodymium magnet for higher output and increased signal-to-noise ratio. An internal rubber isolation mount protects the microphone cartridge and minimizes handling noise. A water-resistant mesh grille allows the microphone to be used during the most challenging weather conditions. The supplied windscreen further reduces "pop" and wind noise.
- Neodymium magnet for increased output and maximized signal-to-noise ratio
- Tailored frequency response with mid-range presence rise for optimum speech clarity
- Omnidirectional polar pattern eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- Internal isolation mount for low handling noise
- Water-resistant mesh grille repels water under challenging weather conditions
- Supplied windscreen for reduced pickup of pop and wind noise
- Comfortable feel
- Handsome appearance; ideal for on-camera applications
- Legendary Shure ruggedness
- Frequency response: 50 to 12,000 Hz
- Frequency Response
50 to 12,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
Low (300 ohms actual)
- Output Level
Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.7 mV) *1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL
File Language Type File Size VP64A & VP64AL User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Spanish 257 kb