With both iOS and USB connectivity, the MV51 Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone offers content creators professional-quality audio, in the studio and on the go. Plug it in and get to work right away, take advantage of five onboard DSP presets to quickly dial in the right sound for your project, or dive even deeper with the free ShurePlus™ MOTIV™ iOS app for enhanced recording, editing, and sharing. With its iconic design, rugged durability, and iOS/USB versatility, the MV51 lets you capture your sound, your way, anywhere.
View MOTIV recording solutions by application:
- iOS/USB connectivity offers 2-in-1 value and quick setup without an audio interface
- Front panel touch control for DSP presets, headphone volume, and more
- Record, edit, and share recordings from the free ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App for iOS
- Compatible with all common iOS audio and video apps
- Large-diaphragm condenser capsule for full-bodied sound recording
- Integrated kickstand for tabletop use. Or, unscrew the end cap and mount to standard mic stand
- All-metal construction designed to stand up to demanding conditions
- Zero-latency headphone output
- Iconic grille inspired by vintage Shure products
- Lightning and USB cables included
- Compatible with iOS, Android**, Mac and PC
* Made for iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation).
** MOTIV™ Digital Microphones and Recording Solutions are compatible with Android devices that support USB Audio Class 2.0 and USB On-The-Go (OTG) connectivity. Not all Android devices are compatible. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. USB On-The-Go (OTG) Cable not included.
iPad, iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Air, iPad mini, and Lightning are trademarks of Apple Inc.
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20,000 Hz|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
Motiv product connected to an Android device
The Motiv MV88 stereo mic has a Lightning connector and only works on iOS. Other Motiv pr...
Motiv microphone with Smule Sing karaoke app
The Motiv MV5, MV51, or MV88 microphone should work with the Smule Sing app on an iPhone 5 or ...
How to export or share recordings from the Motiv app in iTunes
Connect your device to the computer and open iTunes. Click on the iPhone icon, and select ...
Motiv MVi, MV5, MV51, MV88 with Skype
As of May 2018, the Motiv mics will not work with Skype. Skype has changed their App so it no lon...
Will the MV88 work with Facebook Live?
Yes, the Motiv products, such as the MV88, MV51, MV5, and MVi work with Facebook Live.
Motiv MVi or MV5 or MV51 headphone volume level is low
Adjust the headphone output level for "Shure MV" in the device's Control Panel or Sound Settin...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.