MX183, MX184 & MX185
Interchangeable cartridges and accurate sound reproduction in a tiny, unobtrusive lavalier microphone.
Microflex® Lavalier microphones bring a new level of sophistication to personal voice reproduction. Like all Microflex family microphones, the Lavaliers use Shure's interchangeable condenser cartridges, available in cardioid, supercardioid or omnidirectional polar patterns. That means you can be sure there is a Microflex Lavalier that's right for your application. Compatible with all Shure wireless bodypack transmitters, their high sensitivity and wide frequency response guarantee great sound.
- Microphone Type
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Pattern
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
Equally sensitive to sound from all directions, but cannot be "aimed" to isolate one area.
Screens unwanted sound sources. Ideal for individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting, or single sources in noisy environments.
- Frequency Response
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factor
- Model Line
- Microflex Microphones Product Brochure (PDF)
- MX183 MX184 MX185 CAD Drawings (ZIP)
- MX183 MX184 MX185 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- MX183 MX184 MX185 User Guide (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for MX183, MX184, MX185
- CommShield® Technology White Paper
- RF and GSM Resistance
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal choice for each application
- Rotatable tie-clip that pivots in 90 degree increments for placement flexibility
- Supplied snap-fit foam windscreen that controls breath noise and stays on securely
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Supplied dual tie clip holds two microphones for dual miking applications
- Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- MX183: Omnidirectional MX184: Supercardioid MX185: Cardioid
- EIA rated at 150 ohms (180 ohms actual)
- Phantom power required?
- 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA
C122 Replacement Cable, 4-Pin Mini-Connector to Lavalier HousingThe C122 is a 4 foot (1.3 m) Cable, 4-Pin Mini Connector (TA4F) to lavalier housing. For Shure microphones MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184, WL185.
R183 R183B and R183W Omnidirectional CartridgeOmnidirectional cartridge for all Microflex® MX183, MX202, MX391, MX392, MX393, MX405, MX410, MX415, MX412, MX418, and WL183 microphones. White or Black.
R184 R184B and R184W Supercardioid CartridgesSupercardioid cartridge for WL183, WL184, WL185 and all Microflex® MX183, MX202, MX391, MX392, MX393, MX405, MX410, MX415, MX412, and MX418 Microphones. White or Black.
R185 R185B and R185W Cardioid CartridgesCardioid cartridge for all Microflex® MX185, MX202, MX391, MX392, MX393, MX405, MX410, MX415, MX412, MX418, and WL185 microphones. White or Black.
RK183WS Snap-Fit Microphone WindscreensWorks with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185, and SM35. Contains 4 snap-fit windscreens.
RK261BWS Small Microphone WindscreenReduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with Shure MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184, and WL185 microphones (contains four). Available in black.
RK183T1 Single Mount Tie ClipsSingle Mount Tie Clip for MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184 and WL185 (contains two).
RK183T2 Tie Clip, Dual MountDual Mount Tie-Clip for Shure MX183, MX184, MX185, WL183, WL184 and WL185 microphones (contains one).