The Shure Microflex® MX150 is a professional electret condenser microphone ideal for applications requiring low-profile placement.
Fully compatible with all Shure wireless systems, the discreet MX150 offers uncompromising sound quality and high reliability for television broadcasting, corporate lectures, A / V teleconferencing, houses of worship, and sound reinforcement.
- CommShield® Technology guards against interference from cellular RF devices and digital bodypack transmitters
- Matte black, sleek design for inconspicuous placement
- Multi-position tie clip allows for a variety of placement options and features an integrated cable management system for convenient cable dress with minimal handling noise
- Kevlar™ reinforced soft-flex cable design further reduces handling noise while providing superior flexibility for routing and placement
- User-changeable equalization caps for response shaping (omnidirectional only)
- Snap-fit, concise windscreen provides protection from plosives and wind noise with minimal visibility
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
|Polar Pattern||MX150/C: Cardioid MX150/O: Omnidirectional|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Sensitivity||MX150/C: TQG: -51.0 dBV/Pa (3.0 mV) XLR: -39.0 dBV/Pa (11.0 mV) MX150/O TQG: -46.5 dBV/Pa (4.5 mV) XLR: -34.5 dBV/Pa (19.0 mV)|
|Phantom power required?||TQG: 5 V DC (0.04 – 0.18 mA) XLR: 11-52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938), < 2.2 mA|
|Weight||TQG: 21 g (0.7 oz.) XLR: 121 g (4.3 oz.)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
RK100PK In-Line PreamplifierIn-Line Preamplifier for Microflex Microphones. Boosts resistance to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI).
RPM150TCMulti-position black tie clip for MX150. Includes 3 clip assemblies.
RPM208 Black High Boost EQ CapsBlack High Boost EQ Caps for WL50B, WL51B, WBH53, Beta 53, Beta 54 and WBH54 (Contains Five).
RPM220 Black Mid Boost EQ CapsBlack Mid Boost EQ Caps for WL50B, Beta 53 and WBH53 (Contains Five)
WA330 4-Pin Mini ConnectorAdapts small-diameter microphone cable to body-pack transmitter.
from $12Product Reviews
“The MX150 is a great improvement in cable and handling noise, and the reversible tie-clip makes it easy to configure for men’s or women’s clothing. I love the [windscreen's] snap lock that keeps it securely in place. It’s visually appealing on television, and less foam means less coloration of the sound.”
–John Christie, RF Coordinator for So You Think You Can Dance Canada
Lavalier / Headset compatibility with Wireless Systems
The following chart provides compatibility information between Shure lavalier and headset mics...
MX150 with Shure BLX wireless systems
Please note that the MX150 series of lavalier microphones will operate with BLX transmitters.&...
Wireless mic for a violin
Put the mic on the violinist, not the violin. Experiment with positioning. Try the WL93 m...
MX150B/C-TQG as a wired mic
It requires more than an adaptor; it requires an inline preamp model RK100PK. RK100PK requires...
Lavalier mike for acoustic guitar?
The MX150 microphone is often used in this manner. Clipping the mic on the soundhole...
Multi-position Tie Clip - black: RPM150TC (package of 3) Snap-fit Windscreen - black: RPM150...
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.