Handheld Vocal Microphone
The KSM9 is a premium vocal condenser microphone that captures vocal subtlety with extraordinary detail to deliver clear articulation, functional flexibility, and precise vocal reproduction for live performance.
Engineered to exacting standards, the KSM9 reveals nuance and subtlety in a microphone optimized for the most demanding live environments. With its dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns (supercardioid/cardioid), the KSM9 is the choice for the world's most accomplished vocal performances.
- Microphone Types
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Patterns
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
Screens unwanted sound sources. Ideal for individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting, or single sources in noisy environments.
- Frequency Responses
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
- KSM Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- KSM9 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for KSM9
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
KSM9 microphones offer exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect. As the premier choice in handheld wireless microphone options for Axient®, UHF-R®, and ULX-D™, KSM9 microphones are built to exacting Shure endurance standards, renowned worldwide and proven night after night, center stage.
- Exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect
- Dual gold layered, low-mass Mylar® diaphragm design
- Switchable polar patterns (supercardioid and cardioid)
- Advanced suspension shock mount
- Premium electronic components including Class A transformerless preamplifier circuitry
- Gold-plated internal and external connectors, including XLR Output Durable aluminum housing
- Available as wireless handheld transmitter SKUs
- Aluminum carrying case
- Condenser (Electret Biased)
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Supercardioid and Cardioid
- Phantom power required?
- 48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size KSM9 User Guide Korean 616 kb KSM9 User Guide Russian 569 kb KSM9 User Guide Chinese-Simplified 738 kb KSM9 User Guide German 520 kb KSM9 User Guide English 514 kb KSM9 User Guide Spanish 512 kb KSM9 User Guide French 509 kb KSM9 User Guide Italian 512 kb KSM9 User Guide Japanese 695 kb