The KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise. The KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology: Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- Groundbreaking specifications: 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standard for cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patterns–cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 μm, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior frequency response
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteract proximity effect
Integrated three-stage “pop” protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
|Type||Condenser (externally biased)|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional|
|Phantom power required?||11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938) 5.8 mA, maximum|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A44AMShureLock® Stand Mount. Works with KSM44A.
A44ASMShureLock® Elastic Shock Mount
A44AVBProtective Velveteen Pouch. Works with KSM44A.
AK44CZippered carrying case for KSM44A.
RK383Suspension Shock Mount Elastic Cord, Cristal (contains 2). Works with KSM44A.
from $10Product Reviews
Read what people think about the KSM44A.
It’s refreshing to see a company... Read full text on the Everything Audio Network blog
File Language Type File Size Broadcast & Media Production Brochure English 4.77 mb KSM Microphone Product Brochure English 1.91 mb
File Language Type File Size KSM44A Specification Sheet English 660 kb
File Language Type File Size KSM44A User Guide
Condenser Microphone Self-Noise or Noise Floor
Background noise in a room consists of traffic sounds from outside, air movement from the...
KSM44A vs. KSM44: What are the differences?
The KSM44A was introduced in July 2010. Here are the primary differences: The KS...
Dual Diaphragm Design - Control of Proximity Effect
The Shure KSM42 is a cardioid condenser microphone with a dual diaphragm capsule. Traditionall...
Best way to record a Jazz Band in a average sounding room
From my personal experiece: 2 -KSM137 mics ORTF stereo positioning Experiment with th...
Single vocal mic for bluegrass band
The typical Shure mic used for this application is the KSM44 or KSM32. The current "Down ...
Recording a British Brass Band
There is no simple answer as miking techniques for recording are more art than science, plus t...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.