with Roswellite® Ribbon Technology
The KSM353/ED is a premium bi-directional ribbon microphone crafted for pristine audio in studio and concert hall applications. Proprietary Roswellite® technology provides revolutionary ribbon resilience and durability under extreme conditions. Assembled from state-of-the art transducers, transformers, and metals as the pinnacle of Shure quality for prestigious vocal and acoustic performances.
The high-tensile strength, toughness, and shape memory of Roswellite® ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs.
With unique technology and application features, alongside superior materials and construction, Shure KSM Ribbon Microphones are the necessary choice for the world’s most accomplished studio and live performances.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier, completely symmetrical audio with superior off-axis rejection
- Revolutionary Roswellite® proprietary ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons with high-tensile strength, toughness, and shape memory that provides superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Patented custom ribbon motor assembly tailors bass response without attenuating the overall output for full low and mid ranges, and superior upper range presence from a rising frequency response
- Double-shielded matched full-sized transformer minimizes signal loss and maximizes output while reducing magnetic and RF interference from 90-degree placement, offset relative to the ribbon
- 146 dB SPL across 30 – 15,000 Hz frequency response ideal for capturing fast transients in vocals, acoustic instruments, and concert halls
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction from hand-assembly of machined steel, silver, gold, and aluminum materials, and housed in a pure stainless steel casing
|Receiver Type||Roswellite® Ribbon|
|Frequency Response||30Hz to 15,000Hz|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A300MShureLock® Swivel Stand Mount for KSM353/ED, KSM313/NE, and KSM313.
A300PCPolishing cloth for KSM Microphones.
A300SMShureLock® Wire Rope Shock Mount for KSM353/ED.
A353VBVelveteen pouch for KSM353/ED.
AK353CZippered carrying case for KSM353/ED.
KSM353/ED and KSM313/NE - what is new?
As of October 2011, the KSM353 was replaced by the KSM353/ED: 1) An internal thread was adde...
KSM313 and KSM353 - Front of mic?
For the KSM313: The front is the side with Shure vintage logo. "On-axis" is the direction po...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Difference between a dynamic and condenser microphone
Dynamic and condenser describe the operating principal used in a microphone. Operating pr...
Transformers - When to use and how does it work?
Audio Transformers Audio transformers can: 1) Step up (increase) or step down (decrease) a...
Vintage Shure Catalogs (1933-1985)
Year Type Size Model numbers 1933 Cat...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.