Embossed Single-Diaphragm Microphone
An embossed single-diaphragm, side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. The Shure KSM32 offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
Acoustic String Instruments
- Microphone Type
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Pattern
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
- Frequency Response
Wide, uniform response. Consistent sensitivity through frequency range.
- Form Factor
- Model Line
- KSM Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- KSM32 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- KSM32 User Guide (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for KSM32
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Replacement cartridge: RK374
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM32 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM32 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Voice -- solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement have significant effects on the sound obtained when miking a source. You may need to experiment with these variables to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
- Permanently-biased Condenser
- Frequency Response
- 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Phantom power required?
- 48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
Pouch, Velveteen, for KSM32 Microphone
Carrying Case, Aluminum, for KSM32 Microphone.
Padded zippered carrying bag for Shure KSM32 or KSM44 microphones.
Grille for KSM32/SL Microphone, Champagne.
Grille for KSM32/CG Microphone.
Microphone windscreen reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with SM27, KSM27, KSM32 and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
Attenuates unwanted breath noise and plosives and can be clamped onto most stands.
Elastic suspension shock mount for use with Shure KSM32 microphones.
Securely mounts Shure side-address, large diaphragm microphones to standard microphone stands. For use with Shure KSM27, KSM32, and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
Replacement cartridge for KSM32 Microphones.