An embossed single-diaphragm, side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. The Shure KSM32 offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instrument and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Replacement cartridge: RK374
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM32 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM32 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Voice -- solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement have significant effects on the sound obtained when miking a source. You may need to experiment with these variables to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3|
Swivel Microphone Mount
Securely mounts Shure side-address, large diaphragm microphones to standard microphone stands. For use with Shure KSM27, KSM32, and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
Aluminum Carrying Case
Carrying Case, Aluminum, for KSM32 Microphone.
Elastic-Suspension Shock Mount
Elastic suspension shock mount for use with Shure KSM32 microphones.
Pouch, Velveteen, for KSM32 Microphone
Microphone windscreen reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with SM27, KSM27, KSM32 and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
Zippered Microphone Carrying Bag
Padded zippered carrying bag for Shure KSM32 or KSM44 microphones.
Popper Stopper Windscreen
Attenuates unwanted breath noise and plosives and can be clamped onto most stands.
Grille for KSM32/SL
Grille for KSM32/SL Microphone, Champagne.
Grille for KSM32/CG
Grille for KSM32/CG Microphone.
Cartridge for KSM32
Replacement cartridge for KSM32 Microphones.
|KSM Microphone Product Brochure||English||319 kb|
|KSM32 Specification Sheet||English||646 kb|
|KSM32 User Guide||English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish||6.32 mb|
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.