An embossed single-diaphragm, side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. The Shure KSM32 offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Replacement cartridge: RK374
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM32 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM32 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Voice -- solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement have significant effects on the sound obtained when miking a source. You may need to experiment with these variables to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A32M Swivel Microphone MountSecurely mounts Shure side-address, large diaphragm microphones to standard microphone stands. For use with Shure KSM27, KSM32, and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
A32SM Elastic-Suspension Shock MountElastic suspension shock mount for use with Shure KSM32 microphones.
A32VB Velveteen PouchPouch, Velveteen, for KSM32 Microphone
A32WS Microphone WindscreenMicrophone windscreen reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with SM27, KSM27, KSM32 and KSM44 microphones. Available in black.
A32ZB Zippered Microphone Carrying BagPadded zippered carrying bag for Shure KSM32 or KSM44 microphones.
AK32CZippered carrying case for KSM32.
PS-6 Popper Stopper WindscreenAttenuates unwanted breath noise and plosives and can be clamped onto most stands.
RK371 Grille for KSM32/SLGrille for KSM32/SL Microphone, Champagne.
RK372 Grille for KSM32/CGGrille for KSM32/CG Microphone.
RK374 Cartridge for KSM32Replacement cartridge for KSM32 Microphones.
Classical Guitar Mic
Before you make any buying decision, please read the following: MICROPHONE TECHNIQUE FOR ...
What are the advantages/disadvantages of transformerless microphone designs?
Historically transformers were used when the vacuum tube was the only available active compone...
Miking a tuba
There is one problem anytime a mic is clipped to a brass instrument - mechanical noise. Mechan...
Recording setup for church pipe organ
Two KSM32 mics used as a stereo pair would be our choice. The Shure A27M stereo mic adapter ma...
Single vocal mic for bluegrass band
The typical Shure mic used for this application is the KSM44 or KSM32. The current "Down ...
Comparison between the KSM27 and the KSM32.
The specifications can be found in the User Guides for both products. KSM32 User Guide ...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.