The KSM137 is an end-address condenser microphone with a single cardioid polar pattern. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM137 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording instruments.
Versatile, durable, and precise, the KSM137 is an outstanding microphone for instruments ranging from percussion to wind, strings to brass, and piano to guitar.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instrument and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
|Type||Permanently Biased Condenser|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20.000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3|
Foam Windscreen for KSM141 and KSM137 Microphones.
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.