The Super 55 Deluxe Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing, Supercardioid polar pattern, vibrant blue foam, and tailored frequency response for natural vocals and speech. Integrated, swivel stand mount is included.
The combination of updates make the Super 55 the ideal choice when looking for a dramatic - yet affordable - improvement in sound quality with an unmistakable vintage design.
Ideal for stage, studio recording, podcasting, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desired.
- Iconic chrome-plated design with vibrant blue color additions
- Tailored frequency response for natural vocals and speech
- High gain-before-feedback and excellent off-axis rejection
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes handling noise and ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
|Frequency Response||60 to 17,000 Hz|
|lmpedance||Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
R115S Cartridge for Super 55/55SH Upgrade KitReplacement Cartridge for Super 55 and upgrade kit for 55SH Series II Microphone.
Super 55 - Why no on/off switch?
The Super 55 is designed to meet the requirements of touring sound companies. On/Of...
Super 55 in custom colors
Sorry, Shure does not offered customized Super 55 microphones. The best advice for those ...
Special Edition Super 55 in black with red foam
In August 2010, Shure introduced the Special Edition Super 55-BCR microphone with a ...
Phantom power with Super 55
Phantom power is not required by the Super 55. If phantom is present, the Sup...
5575LE vs Super 55 Comparison
1) The size is larger, like the original model 55 from 1939. 2) The 5575LE has a cardioid...
Quick release mic holder for models Super 55, 55 and 55SH Series II
Atlas Sound offers a quick-release device for mics like the 55S. The part number is LO-2B.
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.