The Super 55 Deluxe Vocal Microphone Pitch Black Edition presents the classic looks and performance of the Super 55 in a modern black‐on‐black finish. Featuring a matte black die‐cast case, black foam and smooth frequency response for natural vocal reproduction, the Super 55 Pitch Black Edition is ideal for any performance, whether on‐stage or on‐screen.
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Exclusive, limited‐edition pitch black finish and matte black‐on‐black foam—an eye‐catching modern take on an iconic classic
- Supercardioid pickup pattern tailored for vocal performances provides high gain-before‐feedback, rejects unwanted noise and prevents feedback when used on larger, noisy stages
- Shock‐mounted cartridge and tough, die‐cast case reduces handling noise and protects the cartridge from damage and abuse
- Swivel mount is integrated into microphone base for professional applications
- Included zippered, padded pouch protects microphone from scratches and wear during transit and storage
|Frequency Response||60 to 17,000 Hz|
|lmpedance||Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
R115S Cartridge for Super 55/55SH Upgrade KitReplacement Cartridge for Super 55 and upgrade kit for 55SH Series II Microphone.
Timeline of Shure Unidyne Model 55
Timeline of the Shure Unidyne Microphone Model 55 March 1939 55A - $45; cardioid; low i...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Difference between a dynamic and condenser microphone
Dynamic and condenser describe the operating principal used in a microphone. Operating pr...
Which microphone should I use on ... ? (Selection Guides)
The following are current Shure microphones as of May 2017. Also listen to our online Mic ...
Transformers - When to use and how does it work?
Audio Transformers Audio transformers can: 1) Step up (increase) or step down (decrease) a...
Vintage Shure Catalogs (1933-1985)
Year Type Size Model numbers 1933 Cat...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.