Series II Iconic Unidyne Vocal Microphone
An unmistakable stage icon for 70 years, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne® Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
55SH Series II: Includes Swivel Stand Mount, On-Off Switch. Cable not included.
- Microphone Types
Simple, rugged diaphragm/coil. handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
- Polar Patterns
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
- Frequency Responses
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
- Classic Microphones Product Brochure (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for 55SH Series II
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
- Frequency Response
- 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Cardioid (unidirectional), uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (270 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms
Replacement cartridge for both the Shure Model 55SH Series II and 586 Series dynamic microphones. When properly installed in the microphone, the R115 will provide performance equal to that of the original cartridge.
Where To Buy
Replacement Cartridge for Super 55 and upgrade kit for 55SH Series II Microphone.
Where To Buy
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size 55SH Series II User Guide English 2.56 mb