The Shure WB98H/C (the wireless version of the BETA®98H/C) is a premium cardioid condenser instrumental microphone that clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the microphone to be easily positioned and secured in place, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument 'key noise' and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
WB98H/C with 5.3 ft. cable terminated to 4-Pin Mini-Connector.
- The WB98H/C features transformerless preamplifier circuitry, which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern of the Beta 98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Optional A98D drum mount is unobtrusive and versatile--allows precise positioning of the microphone while holding it firmly in place
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid (supercardioid cartridge available separately)|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage: -59 dBV/Pa* (1 mV) typical, *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A412MWS Locking Metal WindscreenLocking metal windscreen reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with Shure Microflex gooseneck microphones. Available in black.
RK183WS Snap-Fit Microphone WindscreensWorks with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185, and SM35. Contains 4 snap-fit windscreens.
RPM110 Supercardioid Cartridge for Beta 91 and Beta 98Replacement cartridge for Beta 91 and Beta 98 Microphone Models. Supercardioid, Condenser.
RPM626In-line microphone preamplifier for WBH53, Beta 53, Beta 91, Beta 98, MC50B, MC51B, and SM35-XLR microphones.
Microphones for Alto Sax
The Beta 98H/C or PGA98H. Also see our Application Guides.
Beta 98 H/C Gooseneck Length
The flexible gooseneck on the Beta 98H/C and WB98H/C is 7 cm (2 3/4 in.).
Beta WB98H/C with AT2110 wireless transmitter
Get the wireless version of the Beta 98: WB98H/C Shure pin 1 to A-T pin 1 Shure pin ...
Using the WB98H/C as a wired mic
It is essential to use the RPM626 preamp with the WB98H/C for wired operation. The mic mixer m...
WB98H/C Used with a Line6 bodypack
Based on a Line 6 document supplied to Shure, theWB98H/C should work properly with the Line 6 ...
Gooseneck Angle Brace
The part number is 65A1963. This curved brace is supplied with the Beta 98H/C microphone, and ...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.