The Shure BETA®98AMP is a precision-engineered miniature cardioid condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. Features an integrated XLR preamplifier with a flexible gooseneck and the A75M Universal Microphone Mount for accurate placement in any configuration of toms, snares, or percussion. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback, off-axis rejection of unwanted noise, and high maximum sound pressure level (SPL).
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Precision-engineered design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Flexible gooseneck for precise placement and easy adjustment
- Ships with A75M Universal Microphone mount with quick release, for versatile and secure instrument and/or stand mounting
- Furnished with snap-fit windscreen and zipper pouch
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938), 5.5 mA|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A75M Universal Microphone Mount
Universal Microphone Mount. Quick-release microphone mounting accessory for versatile and secure placement and removal. Included with BETA 98AMP.from $99.00
BETA 98AMP Reviews
Read what people think about the Beta 98AMP.
“This mic has an extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern, which provides excellent off-axis rejection of unwanted noise.”
–Butch Jones, Modern Drummer
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.