The Shure BETA®181 is an ultra-compact, small-diaphragm side-address condenser microphone, designed for discreet placement and control in live and studio environments. Featuring interchangeable cardioid, supercardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional capsule options for superior versatility, the small diaphragm design provides superior audio with consistent, textbook polar responses in a form factor small enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions..
Listen in the Shure Mic Lab
Listen to and compare instruments and vocal recordings from a wide selection of Shure microphones
- Interchangeable polar pattern capsules attach to a compact preamplifier with integrated XLR connections for the ultimate in low-profile application flexibility (Each Beta 181 ships with one polar pattern capsule and one XLR preamplifier. Capsules available separately for custom flexibility.)
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range applications for use in high SPL environments
- Furnished with stand adapter, windscreen and carrying case (carrying case will securely protect up to four polar pattern capsules)
- BETA 181/C (cardioid) for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, M/S stereo technique (paired with Beta 181/BI)
- BETA 181/S (supercardioid) for snare drum, acoustic instrument, close-miking applications
- BETA 181/O (omnidirectional) for ambient/room, instrument ensemble applications
- BETA 181/BI (bidirectional) for mono drum overhead, dual instrument sound source applications, Blumlein stereo technique (pair of Beta 181/BI)
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Supercardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional|
|Phantom power required?||11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938) 2.4 mA, maximum|
A181C Zippered Carrying Case
Works with Beta 181.
Replacement foam windscreen for use with Beta 181.
A57F Microphone Clip
Works with Beta 181, KSM137, KSM141, SM63, SM63L, SM63LB, SM81, VP64A, VP64AL, MX412, MX418, MX412S, MX418S, MX412SE, and the MX418SE microphones and standard microphone stands.
RPM181/BI Bidirectional Polar Pattern Capsule
Bidirectional Polar Pattern Capsule. Works with Beta 181.
RPM181/C Cardioid Polar Pattern Capsule
Cardioid Polar Pattern Capsule. Works with Beta 181.
RPM181/O Omnidirectional Polar Pattern Capsule
Omnidirectional Polar Pattern Capsule. Works with Beta 181.
RPM181/PRE Replacement XLR Preamplifier
Replacement XLR Preamplifier. Works with Beta 181.
RPM181/S Supercardioid Polar Pattern Capsule
Supercardioid Polar Pattern Capsule. Works with Beta 181.
BETA 181 Reviews
Read what people think about the Beta 181.
Shure’s truly unique Beta 181 ultra-compact, side-address, condenser microphone is an eye catcher. It attracted more than a few glances upon its debut at last year’s AES Convention in San Francisco, ultimately enough to win a 2010 PAR Excellence Award...
Read full text in ProAudio Review
"The captured stereo image was true, with really nice top-end sheen."
–Butch Jones, Modern Drummer Magazine
|BETA Microphone Product Brochure||English||3.53 mb|
|Beta 181 Specification Sheet||English||1.22 mb|
|Beta 181 User Guide||English||2.28 mb|
|BETA181 Condenser Microphone User Guide||Chinese-Simplified, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish||8.49 mb|
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.