Condenser Microphone TypeLightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
Cardioid Polar PatternPicks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
Tailored Frequency ResponseSmooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
BETA 98H/C Instrument Microphone
The Beta 98H/C and the wireless version WB98H/C are premium cardioid condenser instrument microphones that clamp onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the mic to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument 'key noise' and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
View wireless systems that include a wireless version of this microphone
- The Beta 98 H/C and WB98 H/C feature transformerless preamplifier circuitry which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- The Beta98H/C features a 3 m (10 ft.) high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection)
- The WB98H/C features a 1.6 m (5.3ft) high-flex cable terminating in a 4-pin mini-connector, for use with wireless bodypack transmitters
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- Legendary Shure ruggedness and reliability
Interchangeable replacement cartridges:
- RPM108 : Cardioid
- RPM110 : Supercardioid
Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
Works with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185. Contains 4.
Where To Buy
File Language Type File Size BETA 98H User Guide English 499 kb BETA 98H User Guide French 509 kb BETA 98H User Guide German 509 kb BETA 98H User Guide Italian 509 kb BETA 98H User Guide Spanish 509 kb