The BETA®98H/C and the wireless version WB98H/C are premium cardioid condenser instrument microphones that clamp onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the mic to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument 'key noise' and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
- The Beta 98 H/C and WB98 H/C feature transformerless preamplifier circuitry which improves linearity across the full frequency range.
- The pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
- Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
- The Beta98H/C features a 3 m (10 ft.) high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection)
- The WB98H/C features a 1.6 m (5.3ft) high-flex cable terminating in a 4-pin mini-connector, for use with wireless bodypack transmitters
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- Legendary Shure ruggedness and reliability
Interchangeable replacement cartridges:
- RPM108 : Cardioid
- RPM110 : Supercardioid
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
RK183WS Snap-Fit Microphone WindscreensWorks with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185, and SM35. Contains 4 snap-fit windscreens.
Beta 98H/C - Converting for use with wireless transmitter
Is this possible? Yes. If so, how does the mic receive phantom power and how do I w...
Microphones for Alto Sax
The Beta 98H/C or PGA98H. Also see our Application Guides.
Miking a tuba
There is one problem anytime a mic is clipped to a brass instrument - mechanical noise. Mechan...
The SM11 mic is often used on banjo. It can be attached to the tailpiece using Velcro. Or...
Which wireless should I use for both clarinet and tenor sax?
The microphone you would be looking for is the Beta 98H or PGA98H. The Beta 98H or PGA98H can ...
Beta 98 H/C Gooseneck Length
The flexible gooseneck on the Beta 98H/C and WB98H/C is 7 cm (2 3/4 in.).
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.