Miniature Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Shure Beta 98A is a precision-engineered compact, high-output miniature condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise.
Both Beta 98A configurations feature high sound pressure level capability (SPL). Beta 98AD/C includes A98D drum mount with flexible gooseneck that makes it an essential, accurate choice for toms, snares, and percussion. Beta 98A/C is recommended for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings.
- Microphone Types
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Patterns
Picks up the most sound in front of the microphone and some from the sides. Less susceptible to feedback in high volume environments.
- Frequency Responses
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
- BETA Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- Beta 98A Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Beta 98A/C & Beta 98AD/C Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Precision-engineered design for unobtrusive microphone footprint
- Beta 98A models ship with external in-line preamplifier for discreet cable placement, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
- Beta 98AD/C ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
- Beta 98A/C ships with RK282 shock mount swivel adapter for attachment to any standard microphone stand
- Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response
- 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
Isolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Beta 98 and Beta 98A microphones to standard microphone stands.
Where To Buy
Allows attachment and positioning of Beta 98 and Beta 98A to the side of a drum.
Where To Buy
Works with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185. Contains 4.
Where To Buy
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size BETA 98A/C BETA 98AD/C User Guide Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish 3.28 mb