The Shure BETA®98A is a precision-engineered compact, high-output miniature condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain-before-feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise.
Both Beta 98A configurations feature high sound pressure level capability (SPL). Beta 98AD/C includes A98D drum mount with flexible gooseneck that makes it an essential, accurate choice for toms, snares, and percussion. Beta 98A/C is recommended for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings.
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Precision-engineered design for unobtrusive microphone footprint
- Beta 98A models ship with external in-line preamplifier for discreet cable placement, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
- Beta 98AD/C ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
- Beta 98A/C ships with RK282 shock mount swivel adapter for attachment to any standard microphone stand
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
A98D Microphone Drum MountAllows attachment and positioning of Beta 98 and Beta 98A to the side of a drum.
RK183WS Snap-Fit Microphone WindscreensWorks with Beta 98A, Beta 98/S, Beta 98D/S, Beta 98H/C, MX183, MX184, MX185, MX202, WH30, WL183, WL184, WL185, and SM35. Contains 4 snap-fit windscreens.
RK282 Swivel Microphone MountIsolation mount and swivel adapter securely attaches Beta 98 and Beta 98A microphones to standard microphone stands.
|BETA Microphones Brochure||English||1.51 mb|
|Beta 98A Specification Sheet||English||110 kb|
|Beta 98A/C Beta 98AD/C Specification Sheet||English||666 kb|
|BETA 98A User Guide|
How do I mic an accordion?
Miking an accordion for amplification is a mystery to most players. This briefly explains...
Condenser Microphone Self-Noise or Noise Floor
Background noise in a room consists of traffic sounds from outside, air movement from the...
Clip on mic for acoustic guitar?
The SM11 is available with mounting hardware to clip to the soundhole. You might also want to ...
Can the Beta 98 be connected to a wireless system?
Yes, the Beta 98 can be connected to a Shure wireless transmitter. Any Shure transmitter with ...
Beta 98 vs. Beta 98A
The mic element is new and is the sonic equivalent of the original SM98. Many sound...
Assuming there is not much room inside, try the Beta 98. It is a small mic designed for miking...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.