The Shure BETA®91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated microphone capsule, integrated preamplifier, and XLR connection, Beta 91A offers a strong low-frequency response and is specifically tailored for bass frequency applications. The Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL).
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity depending on application: select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the “low-mid scoop” setting for a strong low frequency “punch” with plenty of higher frequency attack
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)|
BETA 91A Reviews
Read what people think about the Beta 91A.
“[Beta 91A] has exceptional low-frequency reproduction, high SPL handling, and a high output level, which makes it ideal for capturing the kick drum, as well as other low-frequency sound sources.”
–Butch Jones, Modern Drummer
|BETA Microphone Product Brochure||English||3.53 mb|
|Beta 91A Specification Sheet||English||858 kb|
|BETA 91A User Guide||Chinese-Simplified, Chinese-Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish||2.42 mb|
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.