The Shure BETA®91A is designed for use with kick drums, as well as other traditional low-frequency applications including piano. Featuring an updated microphone capsule, integrated preamplifier, and XLR connection, Beta 91A offers a strong low-frequency response and is specifically tailored for bass frequency applications. The Beta 91A combines superior attack and punch for studio-quality sound, even at extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL).
- Uniform half-cardioid polar pattern for maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound
- Precision-engineered low-profile design features integrated preamplifier and XLR connector to maximize setup efficiency while minimizing stage clutter
- Frequency response tailored for kick drum/low frequency applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Two-position contour switch to maximize attack and clarity depending on application: select the flat response setting for natural sound in most applications or the “low-mid scoop” setting for a strong low frequency “punch” with plenty of higher frequency attack
- Requires no external mounting or accessories for ease of use and storage
- Furnished with zipper pouch
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
BETA 91A Reviews
Read what people think about the Beta 91A.
“[Beta 91A] has exceptional low-frequency reproduction, high SPL handling, and a high output level, which makes it ideal for capturing the kick drum, as well as other low-frequency sound sources.”
–Butch Jones, Modern Drummer
|BETA Microphones Brochure||English||1.51 mb|
|BETA 91A CAD Drawing||English||ZIP||50 kb|
|Beta 91A Specification Sheet||English||858 kb|
|BETA 91A User Guide|
Shure Piano Mic Suggestion
For mounting inside a piano, the best choice is a boundary microphone attached to the undersid...
Which boundary mic for piano?
For piano miking ideas, see page 24 of this link: Microphone Techniques for Music - Sound Rein...
Current replacement for Model SM91
The SM91 had a cardioid polar pattern. The replacement for it depends on your application. ...
Placement of bass drum mic
The SM91 was a popular bass drum mic (it has been replaced by the Beta 91A). But perhaps it do...
Maximum SPL Specifications for Condenser Microphones
It is calculated. Shure measures the voltage into the microphone internal preamp that cr...
Boundary mic for grand piano
The Beta 91A if you require a boundary mic. The SM81 or KSM137 if a boundary mic is not requir...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.