The BETA®53 is a fully adjustable omnidirectional condenser headworn vocal microphone, designed for applications where unconspicuous appearance and incredible sound quality are required. Its lightweight, adjustable, modular headband, flexible wireframe and soft earpieces provide a comfortable fit while still allowing the Beta 53 to be positioned as close to the left or right corner of the mouth as possible, assuring maximum voice pickup.
The Beta 53 microphone features an extended frequency response and high SPL handling ability. It is uniquely designed to provide the sound quality and performance consistency required for environments such as professional theater, event production, trade shows and seminars.
The Beta 53 now features improved RF immunity against cellular and RF devices.
- Microphone Type
Lightweight, sensitive diaphragm. Precisely and smoothly captures sound nuances. Powered by battery or phantom power supply.
- Polar Pattern
Equally sensitive to sound from all directions, but cannot be "aimed" to isolate one area.
- Frequency Response
Wide, uniform response. Consistent sensitivity through frequency range.
- Form Factor
- Model Line
- BETA Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- Beta 53 Specification Sheet (PDF)
- BETA Microphone Product Brochure
- Beta 53 Specification Sheet
- BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide
- Related Links
- FAQ's for Beta 53
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
- Comfortable, latex-free earforms that hide behind the ears
- Thin, non-reflective wireframe that is easily hidden underneath hair
- Ultra-thin detachable microphone boom mount for right or left positioning
- Interchangeable frequency response caps (mild or high, two pieces each)
- Two foam windscreens included
- Clothing clip for securing cable
- Corrosion resistant
- Easy to clean
- Durable carrying case for protective storage
- Available with either TA4F connectors or tinned leads (no connector) for full wireless system compatibility
- Includes In-Line Preamplifier
- WBH53: Available in either black or tan
- Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz to 20KHz
- Polar Pattern
- Phantom power required?
- Phantom power; 11 to 52 Vdc positive on pins 2 and 3, return on pin 1 (ground)
Black High Boost EQ Caps for WL50B, WL51B, WBH53, Beta 53, Beta 54 and WBH54 (Contains Five).
Tan High Boost EQ Caps for WL50T, Beta 53, WBH53, Beta 54 and WBH54. (Contains Five)
Tan Mid Boost EQ Caps for WL50T, Beta 54, WBH54T (Contains Five)
Black Mid Boost EQ Caps for WL50B, Beta 53 and WBH53 (Contains Five)
Headband, Black, for Beta 53, WBH53, Beta 54 and WBH54.
Headband, Tan, for Beta 53, WBH53, Beta 54 and WBH54.
Black Boom Holder and Logo Pad for Beta 53 and Beta 54 (Contains Two of Each).
Tan Boom Holder and Logo Pad for Beta 53, WBH53, Beta 54 and WBH54 (Contains Two of Each).
Reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with Shure MC50B, MC51B, WL50, WL51, WBH53, and Beta 53 microphones (contains 5). Available in black.
Reduces unwanted breath and wind noise. For use with Shure MC50B, MC51B, WL50, WL51, WBH53, and Beta 53 microphones (contains 5). Available in tan.
Microphone Tie Clip for Shure WL50, WL51, MC50B, and MC51B (contains five). Available in Tan.
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide French 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide German 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide English 1.39 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Spanish 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Italian 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Japanese 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Korean 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Russian 1.4 mb BETA 53 BETA 54 User Guide Chinese-Simplified 1.39 mb