Kick Drum Microphone
The Shure BETA®52A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
- Microphone Types
Simple, rugged diaphragm/coil. handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
- Polar Patterns
Screens unwanted sound sources. Ideal for individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting, or single sources in noisy environments.
- Frequency Responses
Smooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
- Form Factors
- Model Lines
- BETA Microphone Product Brochure (PDF)
- Beta 52A Specification Sheet (PDF)
- Related Links
- FAQ's for Beta 52A
- Compare in Mic Listening Lab
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built–in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response
- 20 to 10,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis
- Output Level
- Open Circuit Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV), *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Factory original dent-resistant replacement grille for Beta 52A wired microphones
Where To Buy
Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure Model BETA 52 supercardioid dynamic instrument microphone. The R175 offers the same high-quality performance as the original cartridge.
Where To Buy
- User Guides
File Language Type File Size BETA 52 User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Spanish 780 kb