The Shure BETA®52A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built–in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
|Type||Dynamic (moving coil)|
|Frequency Response||20 to 10,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV), *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
R175 Cartridge for Beta 52Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure Model BETA 52 supercardioid dynamic instrument microphone. The R175 offers the same high-quality performance as the original cartridge.
RK321 Beta 52A Microphone Replacement GrilleFactory original dent-resistant replacement grille for Beta 52A wired microphones
Difference - Beta 52 vs Beta 52A; Beta 56 vs Beta 56A
As of October 2002, the Beta 52 and Beta 56 are being replaced by the Beta 52A and Beta 56A. ...
PGA and PG Series Drum Kit Details and Drum Microphone Technique
Drum mic techniques are described here: Microphone Techniques for Drums PGADRUMKIT5:...
Beta 52 - transformerless?
The Beta 52A does not contain a transformer. It does have a passive response shapin...
Beta52 and KSM32 - Why the difference in output levels?
I don't know why the Beta52 is providing such a low level of signal. * The Beta 52 is a ...
Connector for Beta 52 drum mic
The output of the Beta 52 is a standard 3 pin male XLR. The XLR is at the base of the mic.
Placement of bass drum mic
The SM91 was a popular bass drum mic (it has been replaced by the Beta 91A). But perhaps it do...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.