Dynamic Microphone TypeSimple, rugged diaphragm/coil. handles extreme volume levels without distortion.
SuperCardioid Polar PatternScreens unwanted sound sources. Ideal for individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting, or single sources in noisy environments.
Tailored Frequency ResponseSmooth, extended response. Tuned to accentuate specific types of instruments or voices.
BETA 52A Kick Drum Microphone
The Shure BETA®52A is a high output dynamic microphone with a tailored frequency response designed specifically for kick drums and other bass instruments. It provides superb attack and "punch", and delivers studio quality sound even at extremely high sound pressure levels.
The Beta 52A features a modified supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range to insure high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted sound. A built in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation, particularly if the microphone is to be placed inside a kick drum. The stand adapter keeps the microphone position fixed and resists slipping, even when subjected to sharp blows and strong vibrations. A hardened steel mesh grille protects the Beta 52A from the abuse and wear associated with touring.
- Frequency response shaped specifically for kick drums and bass instruments
- Built–in dynamic locking stand adapter with integral XLR connector simplifies setup, especially inside a kick drum
- Studio quality performance, even at extremely high sound pressure levels
- Supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of unwanted noise
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Low sensitivity to varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response
20 to 10,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern
Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis
- Output Level
Open Circuit Voltage: -64 dBV/Pa* (0.6 mV), *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Direct replacement cartridge for the Shure Model BETA 52 supercardioid dynamic instrument microphone. The R175 offers the same high-quality performance as the original cartridge.
Where To Buy
Factory original dent-resistant replacement grille for Beta 52A wired microphones
Where To Buy
File Language Type File Size BETA 52 User Guide English, French, German, Italian, Spanish 780 kb