The BETA®27 side-address condenser microphone is precision engineered for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording applications. Its flat frequency response and low self-noise provide unerring performance in demanding environments. A tight supercardioid pattern ensures high gain-before-feedback and maximum isolation from other sound sources.
- Supercardioid polar pattern specifically targets the sound source consistently with greatly minimized bleed from off-axis sound sources
- Tailored for superior transient response from a low-mass, 1” externally-biased, ultra-thin 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar® diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response for natural reproduction on stage or in the studio
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted background noise or counteract proximity effect for consistent, extended lowend
- -15 dB switchable attenuator handles extremely high SPLs with ease
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal pop filter with three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise.
|Type||Condenser (externally biased)|
|Frequency Response||20 to 20,000 Hz|
|Output Level||1000 Ohm load: 2.0 dBV, 2500 Ohm load: 8.5 dBV, THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL|
|Phantom power required?||48 Vdc phantom, 5.6 mA|
Additional specifications are available in the user guide.
PG27 vs PG42 vs SM27 vs Beta 27
The attached PDF compares the PG27, PG42, SM27, and Beta 27. Click on the File Attachment...
Using one microphone for a five piece bluegrass band
Best: KSM44 Better: KSM32 Good: Beta 27 For operation, all require 48 V dc phantom po...
If you are recording in stereo, try a stereo pair of mics (models Beta 27 or SM81 or PGA81). ...
Mic Level and Line Level -- What do they mean?
Some mixers have switches on the rear panel for setting each input jack or output jack for mic...
Difference between a dynamic and condenser microphone
Dynamic and condenser describe the operating principal used in a microphone. Operating pr...
Transformers - When to use and how does it work?
Audio Transformers Audio transformers can: 1) Step up (increase) or step down (decrease) a...
Get Live Support
Instructional articles, guides, demos and more! Our experts offer industry-proven tips and tricks to help you get the most from your gear.
Service & Repair
Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts.